Transatlantic in may - sunny aspect ?

downundermatt

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm an Aussie planning my first Transatlantic in early May, and am wondering what the weather will be like. Which side of the ship will have the sunnier aspect ? I am most flexible with my dates and departure port, should I hold off on booking or book now ???

Thanks for your help

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm an Aussie planning my first Transatlantic in early May, and am wondering what the weather will be like. Which side of the ship will have the sunnier aspect ? I am most flexible with my dates and departure port, should I hold off on booking or book now ???

Thanks for your help

If I go by the European weather, it may still be cold when doing a TA. I've never done one, but took the boot to England once in September and it was very cold outside on the boot. Don't know about the sun, sorry. Hope this helps some

Cindy

Thanks for your help

It depends.

For instance:

Are you going from South Africa to Argentina or vice versa?

Or, how about going from Britain to Canada or vice versa?

The south side will get more sun. So, if traveling America to the Old World, there will be more sun on the right (starboard) side.

Weather. As stated, it depends from where and to where (hence/whence?).

My apologies of course the routing would help. The cruise departs Fort Lauderdale for Rome in early May. Look forward to any tips....

Thanks

The starboard side of the ship receives more afternoon sun on such a route.

Archived