UK Blog Post: What’s the silliest complaint you’ve ever heard on board?

LauraS

• Administrators

According to psychologists, today is supposed to be the most depressing day of the year – grey skies, lingering Christmas debts, still getting dark at 4.30 p.m., and so on. But if you thought you had problems, then check out these anecdotes of suffering on the high seas, all recounted, with tongue firmly in cheek, [...]

More...

• 2 weeks later...
On the Indie recently "I don't like the class of person in the cabins around us".

Classic... Love all these complaints, going on 1st cruise in April so I'll listen out for some good ones...

Midnight buffet too late?? :D:D:D

A friend from Canada overheard an American woman asking why the train station wasnt built closer to Edinburgh Castle! during their round Britain trip on the Crown Princess.

Last year while we were on Oasis with them they heard a passenger on their tour ask why the Mayan ruins were not built closer to the port!

A couple dressed for Dinner on Oasis last year were in the Pizza parlour while the husband was getting Pizza! the wife said hurry up we are at Dinner in 15 minutes .... :eek:

Elderly gentleman "And don't bother complaining about anything at Guest Relations. They just pass it from department to department and nothing will get done".

Me "What was your complaint?".

Elderly gent "Nothing, but that's what would happen!".

Me "well, I had a complaint and they resolved it immediately and sent me my choice of bottle of wine at dinner". And friends had a complaint which was also immediately dealt with and they received a plate of choccie strawbs".

Elderly gent.............silence, but we could all see his mind revolving around trying to find something to complain about!!!:D:D

Same table:

Lady "Rubbish cruise line because I like two after eight at dinner". This was somewhat of a conversation stopper!!!

Nothing to do with cruising but a rather daft complaint we once received. We run children's day nurseries and one father demanded that we wake his son after a very short nap during the day (he really needed much longer) because when the child was asleep he was wasting the money his dad had paid in fees.

Rosebery

2005 Sea princess. Man complained the port hole in his cabin needed cleaning as the rough seas had mad them dirty. We still had one more sea day to go before our first port of call. Did he expect the crew to be lowered over the side while still sailing,I shudder to think. :eek:

Entering the Kiel Canal an American women was heard to ask "do we stop anywhere for shopping, I can't stand being at sea for this long", we had departed London the previous day.

Another trip to the Antartic was made special by a couple asking why there were so many sea days, you would think a quick look at the itinerary prior to booking would have given some indication.

Archived