My honest review of the Celebrity Century Jan. 17th sailing

Oneluckywoman

Rhonda-

I too have been checking the weather. Hopefully the thunderstorms are just typical Florida afternoon weather and will blow right on through!

Since you have experieince with this sailing, about what time is the life boat drill? I believe I read somewhere that the Elite lounge is open from 4-6?

I can't wait to be at sea!! :p

We get in very early on Thursday so we should be some of the first group to board. Looking forward to exploring the ship!

Rhonda-

I too have been checking the weather. Hopefully the thunderstorms are just typical Florida afternoon weather and will blow right on through! I hope so! When I went in January, we had rain and cold for boarding, but by sailaway the rain stopped! Miami is my favorite port to sail away from in Florida. So beautiful. Today weather.com says 81 degrees with pm showers. At least it will be warm and I believe we will have sunshine!! Usually when it rains, it only lasts an hour or so. Keep everything crossed!

Since you have experieince with this sailing, about what time is the life boat drill? I believe I read somewhere that the Elite lounge is open from 4-6? The life boat drill is at 4:00 p.m. and sailaway is supposed to be at 5, but isn't always right on time. Should be between 5 and 5:30. The bummer is that the Elite lounge is not open the first night. :(:( But the 2nd night it opens at 4:00 - 6:00. We usually order a last call just before 6 and linger over it for a while. The martini bar is right next to Michael's and it is soooo cool. The seats are all white, and they have colored lights which change colors...the top of the bar is ice! :) Very cool.

Please say hi if you see us...2 brunnette ladies and 2 tall handsome guys...:):) We plan to be out by the pool the 1st day if the sun is shining until the boat drill. Then we'll head back to our cabins, clean up, and work on our bottles of wine in the cabins, as 3 of us are also wine lovers! My husband is a bourbon guy. Maybe we'll take a glass of wine to the martini bar and have our own happy hour.

I can't wait to be at sea!! :pMe either!!!

We get in very early on Thursday so we should be some of the first group to board. Looking forward to exploring the ship!

Well, if you have been on larger ships that offer more, don't be too quick to judge. The Century is small, but classy. I highly recommend the stir fry for lunch if you like that kind of thing, it's amazing. That's where I will head first! Make sure you go to the show the first night too, and check out Justin Wade and Will the piano guy. We really enjoyed listening to both of them. Only ONE MORE DAY!!!

Tell me your name so I will know who you are....(you may have already posted it, I'll check) TTFN

Hi Rhonda! Happy Wednesday!

My name is Edie and my husband is Rob. I also have brunette hair and I have blue eyes. I am short - 5'1 and as much as I hate to say it, on the heavy side. :rolleyes: Don't let that distract you though! I'm a lot of fun! LOL :p

I think that we are going to try to going the Roll Call group at the Sunset bar for sail away. If you have time, come join us!

Wine..... hmmmm.... I have not packed any. I suppose I really should!

So excited. Must get thru the work day first though! See you soon!:D

Hi Rhonda! Happy Wednesday!

My name is Edie and my husband is Rob. I also have brunette hair and I have blue eyes. I am short - 5'1 and as much as I hate to say it, on the heavy side. :rolleyes: Don't let that distract you though! I'm a lot of fun! LOL :p

I think that we are going to try to going the Roll Call group at the Sunset bar for sail away. If you have time, come join us!

Wine..... hmmmm.... I have not packed any. I suppose I really should!

So excited. Must get thru the work day first though! See you soon!:D

Sunset bar is the best place for sailaway as it allows you to see all of the beautiful Miami views! Ok Edie, we'll look for you and try to be at the Sunset for sailaway. We are all tall, I'm 5'7" and Mark is 6'1. Pat is even taller than that, I think around 6'3 and his wife Laurie is a little shorter than me I think. She's really pretty too! No distractions, we love fun people! Yes, you'd better get packing....are you guys flying or driving?

Rhonda - I have enjoyed reading your review and I love the fact that I get to the end of it....and your off again....that is very cute!!!!

I agree with your theory regarding the frequency with which you cruise....I travel solo so most oftern I'm in an inside cabin....and I love it.....as a matter of fact I was offered an upgrade to a window....and the deck would be much lower and away from the center of the ship....so I sdidn't want to take the window room.....

Enjoy your trip and please report back...I hope you have as much fun this time....oh and I hope you get that nap!!!!!

Rhonda-

We are flying - we leave out of DC at 7:00 AM tomorrow morning! YIKES that's an early wake up call!:eek:

Okay - I will look for the two tall beautiful ladies with the equally tall handsome men! LOL - should be easy to spot!

Getting closer .... this time tomorrow I will be sipping my first drink! Hooray!:D

Rhonda - I have enjoyed reading your review and I love the fact that I get to the end of it....and your off again....that is very cute!!!!

I agree with your theory regarding the frequency with which you cruise....I travel solo so most oftern I'm in an inside cabin....and I love it.....as a matter of fact I was offered an upgrade to a window....and the deck would be much lower and away from the center of the ship....so I sdidn't want to take the window room.....

Enjoy your trip and please report back...I hope you have as much fun this time....oh and I hope you get that nap!!!!!

I love that when you got to the end of it I'm off again too!!! Glad you enjoyed it and I understand about the outside vs. inside. I've found that the higher decks are much easier to navigate and quieter too! (No anchor noise or engine noise). I will definitely report back, but I have my doubts about that nap, LOL! :)

Rhonda-

We are flying - we leave out of DC at 7:00 AM tomorrow morning! YIKES that's an early wake up call!:eek: You aren't leaving much earlier than we are..lol, we leave at 7:45, 3 hour drive or so. We'll be one of the first on the ship too!

Okay - I will look for the two tall beautiful ladies with the equally tall handsome men! LOL - should be easy to spot! LOL I didn't say I was beautiful, I said Laurie was!!! But I am tall!!!

Getting closer .... this time tomorrow I will be sipping my first drink! Hooray!:D

This time tomorrow I will have had several drinks, it's almost 7:00!!! TEE HEE!!! SAFE TRAVELS!!! And see you tomorrow!!! (I LOVE saying that!!)

Archived