Rant and feedback needed.

Cruisin Christi

Sounds like my husband and just about everyone else in our group. People ask them where the cruise is even GOING and they have no idea. My husband usually defers any questions to our 7 YO DS who can answer just about any cruise question thrown at him. :D

Haha! That's great. Gonna have to get my 7 yr old well versed in cruises. She still thinks I am going on a Disney ship *sigh*.

• 7 months later...

Well...9 days and my husband finally, just yesterday, caught the excitement bug. SIL still hasn't. In fact they paid their cruise off months ago and just 2 days ago filled out their funpass info.

I am super happy to be going on this cruise and no one is going to keep me from being excited. Yay for single digits.

Well...9 days and my husband finally, just yesterday, caught the excitement bug. SIL still hasn't. In fact they paid their cruise off months ago and just 2 days ago filled out their funpass info.

I am super happy to be going on this cruise and no one is going to keep me from being excited. Yay for single digits.

Congrats for single digits! My DH never gets excited about our cruises until about a week before. Thank goodness there's Cruise Critic, LOL! :D

That's the spirit! Have a great time and when they moan that they didn't know about something, don't start to care about it--they wallowed in their ignorance. Let them enjoy it.

:D

OP, went through this with my sister. And my husband never gets excited so this I learned. Told my sister to get a passport, MADE my husband get a passport, emailed my sister what she needed clothing wise to pack (it's on her if she doesn't) MAKE my husband pack what he needs(or I want)

Other than that I get all my excitement from my good cruise buddies that I cruise with and are equally crazy for cruising, or if they aren't going :-( I get on my roll call and get all excited with them.

People at work even ask me questions about my cruise, cause they know I'm nuts about the planning.

I make ressys for excursions (with other people that are cruising with us limitations in mind) and then if they don't go, well I had it planned and I'm sorry, we'll miss you.

But for the most part I've resigned myself to the fact there are very few people that get as excited about the planning as I do.

Cheers and have an awesome time!!!

Carole

Hi Christi, Well it looks like you have gotten down to single digits congrats!! Have a great cruise I know you will with all of your preparation! When the SIL asks you questions on the cruise just tell her "I'm not really sure" and wait for her reaction.

Be sure and give us a full report when you return. Now get packin'

Wiz

CONGRATS on making it this far! I think this story is why they make cruise critic for people like us. Without it, people like us would probably drive our friends/families totally nuts.

My DH gets excited though, but he's nothing like me... he has a countdown clock on his phone, he knows when final payment is, and he talks about it from time to time, but he doesnt read CC that often. Sometimes he questions me about cruise stuff and is surprised to find out how much I know just from reading here. :) BUT for our first cruise.... he wasn't excited... not at all. And HE had been on a cruise before!!!!! IDK what happened, but together, now, we are both addicts!

I couldn't imagine being the ONLY one so happy about it, but I have a feeling that after your trip you will not be the only excited one anymore!

I am sorry you don't have excited travel mates. After reading all these posts, I guess I am very lucky right now. Planning a 2 week trip to Walt Disney World with a friend (who is a bigger Disney freak than I am) in Oct 2012 - we email several times a week about new things we have found out and have a cruise booked with my son who is 32, his girlfriend and her daughter who is in college right now. It is on the Magic in Jan 2013 and they are all jazzed about it. Son's girlfriend and I converse several times a week about info we have found out and we still have 472 days to go!! :D

Archived