Totola & SAMANA w/ 3 small kiddos help

crazzzielady

we always look for a place/hotel I can pay for us to hang during the 4 hrs my kids are up & ready to go...ANY suggestions for these 2 stops? they LOVE the beach & pool...what i do NOT want is "megans bay" type where it cost us 40 each way in cab fare & then 20 in chairs & then 50 in food- for the whopping 4 hrs the kids were awake..ha!

closer to pier the bettr THANKS & please email me also at :

crazzzielady@aol.com

having issues with my internet

• 1 month later...
we always look for a place/hotel I can pay for us to hang during the 4 hrs my kids are up & ready to go...ANY suggestions for these 2 stops? they LOVE the beach & pool...what i do NOT want is "megans bay" type where it cost us 40 each way in cab fare & then 20 in chairs & then 50 in food- for the whopping 4 hrs the kids were awake..ha!

closer to pier the bettr THANKS & please email me also at :

crazzzielady@aol.com

having issues with my internet

I'm very interested in this as well. Traveling with an almost 2 year old and almost 4 year old. Prefer something close to the pier with a beach.

• 3 weeks later...

In Samana, check out Terry's tours has an excellent beach day. His tours seem a bit pricey until you compare what you get for the price compared to the others. His tour #2 is the beach tour and everyone from our ship raved over it. They took that tour because they had children. Most of the rest of us took tour #5 and went to a beach, swam in a gentle waterfall and had a typical Domincan buffet, as well as seeing the inside of a normal home in Samana while the family was away at work, among other things.

• 2 weeks later...

We were just in Samana and we did the excursion through the cruise line to Cayo Levantado. It was a bit pricey but considering there is nothing to do in Samana and it is not advised to walk around on your own we felt like this was our only option (we to have young children). It turned out to be the highlight of our trip.

As far as St. Thomas goes, we always go to Megans Bay on our own and this is a very inexpensive trip. They charge $6 one way for a cab(our 2 year old was free, but they charged our 6 year old), so $18 one way, $4 to get into Megans Bay (both our children were free). We got one lounge chair ( I believe it was $7). We ended up getting a pizza (and it was really good) and that was $20 and fed the 4 of us. So basically much cheaper than doing it through the cruise line. Never been to any of the other beaches so not much help. We love Megans Bay so we always go there.

Hope this helps

Archived