Kilt for formal nights??

hilandlass

We are Scots going on our 1st ever cruise :eek: (Victory from Barbados 9th March 2011). I'm picking up some great tips from CC boards but would like some advice....Should I pack DH's Kilt for formal nights? :confused: Would it pass for formal dress? Would he be rediculed for wearing a 'skirt'??

Several cruises ago on the Fantasy I had a table mate in the MDR that wore a different kilt every night. He looked very comfortable with his choice of evening wear. On Elegant night he went all out with full formal all the way. Looked very sharp and received many comments from his fans.

You must tell your waiter:

Lower your menus and march straight back to the kitchen, stopping at every table you pass by to deliver drinks, offer more bread and whatever else your guests may want. Do that and this cruise will be merry. Do it not, and every one will curse this journey.

Well, something along those lines, and then, at the end of dinner, when you go to stretch, yell "Freeeeddddooommmm!" at the top of your lungs. People will love you for it, and your name will be remembered in cruise lore.

We are Scots going on our 1st ever cruise :eek: (Victory from Barbados 9th March 2011). I'm picking up some great tips from CC boards but would like some advice....Should I pack DH's Kilt for formal nights? :confused: Would it pass for formal dress? Would he be rediculed for wearing a 'skirt'??

Absolutely!!!! Men who wear kilts on formal nights look marvelous.... My brother does it all the time...full dress......

Thanks to everyone for the advice!

The dress kilt will definitely be packed and worn....will just have keep my eye on DH incase he gets too much attention from the ladies!! ;)

We are so excited - 4 weeks on Tuesday fly to Barbados for a week then join the cruise!:D:D

Thanks to everyone for the advice!

The dress kilt will definitely be packed and worn....will just have keep my eye on DH incase he gets too much attention from the ladies!! ;)

We are so excited - 4 weeks on Tuesday fly to Barbados for a week then join the cruise!:D:D

Have a great cruise !

Ok, I have to ask. Does he wear something underneath his kilt? My DD's boyfriend is Scottish and even plays the bagpipes but he does wear something under his kilt. Just curious. I would think that it would be uncomfortable; most kilts are made of wool. Scratchy.....ouch....:eek:

Archived