Falmouth Jamaica

daveky

See now that RCI is stopping regular at Falmouth instead of Ocho Rios and Montego Bay, would like input of what excursions good and bad you have taken at Falmouth. Needing input for future western cruise.

BTW, have been to Ocho Rios soo many times to count (Dunns River, dolphins, etc) and pretty much done every. Usually end up buying some souvenirs and spending the day at Margaritaville. Feel lost without having Jimmy Buffet's to fall back on LOL.

Thanks for the input.

Dave

I don't think this port is actually open or being used yet by RCI. Delays in opening from what I have read. Since it is between the two main ports, I would say shore excursions could be done in either place, Montego Bay or Ocho Rios.

I am sure others will post with more details.

The last report I saw showed the first ship stopping there mid February but as others have stated it just keeps getting moved further back. We are scheduled to stop there on our 3/6/11 cruise. The private tour operators that I contacted all said that they would be offering the same tours from Falmouth that they are offering from MoBay and Ocho Rios but the pricing was somewhat higher due to the extra travel involved.

Also interested in the excursions offered in Falmouth. Booked for the 1-22-2012 sail date on Freedom of the Seas. I'm sure there should be plenty of feedback by that time. The little I have read about Falmouth seems to be quite intriguing. Lots of history.

~Natalie

We are scheduled for a stop in July from FOS. I'm seriously hoping they just stop at Ochos, since the tours basically are the same and it just means a longer drive. We've seen more than we want to of Ochos, but we have a first timer that wants to do Dunns River, so all it seems to mean for us is we have a longer bus ride to the vendors from hell (ugh...LOL).

Well, that is kind of a bummer. I just checked with an RCI agent and they confirmed that VOS WILL BE stopping at Falmouth next week....what to do what to do.....everything of interest seems to be 45 minutes to an hour away....any thoughts?

Archived