Where Does Your Stuff Go On Excursions?

adellel

I have excursions planned (such as scuba diving, etc), but when you are in the water, where does all of your stuff go? I am assuming you leave it on the boat with someone else watching it???

You generally shouldn't worry as long as you're booked with a reputable tour operator. They're not gonna last long if they're stealing from their clients. Sometimes they have safes at the dock that they operate from. Another option is to use a waterproof container that you can string around your neck or wrist, but this may not work if you are doing deep diving unless you get one that can handle high pressure. What I do is secure valuables in a pocket of my backpack that has a high quality (Master) luggage lock on it. I keep the key in another somewhat hidden pocket of the backpack. If someone's gonna get my $$, they're gonna hafta either rip the bag apart or spend a good deal of time looking for the key, unlocking the lock, etc. It gives me a little more piece of mind. And then, of course, there is amost always someone who is just along for the ride and just hangs on the boat while hubby or someone with them dives, so again I say, don't worry. Now leaving valuables on a beach is a whole other story.

I was one of the wives who stayed on the boat during our recent snorkle and sting ray excursion in Grand Cayman. Everyone left their backpacks, etc. behind and I kinda kept an eye on things for them. I didn't mind....I was sitting there anyway. Also, the two tour guides were in the water with everyone else, so a couple of frightened children and myself were the only ones on the boat. I had more fun watching the excursion than participating I think...lol

DH and I have been on many shore excursions and never had any problems with anything. Have enjoyed ourselves and not worried about anything..... Also we only take a little money and our cruise cards leave all jewerly at the ship. We always go back to the ship after our excursions anyway so we pick up my purse and go out and do our own thing.....

Archived