Happy Hour?

OctCruzer

Going on the Coral soon. Does anyone know if there is a happy hour for the "general public" - that is, not the Elite/Suite/Platinum? I read on a different post that $2.99 drink specials are offered from 8:00 p.m. to a certain time, but I'm looking for 4-5 p.m. or something like that.

Going on the Coral soon. Does anyone know if there is a happy hour for the "general public" - that is, not the Elite/Suite/Platinum? I read on a different post that $2.99 drink specials are offered from 8:00 p.m. to a certain time, but I'm looking for 4-5 p.m. or something like that.

Power Hour is what it's called and only after 8:00 PM

Just back from the Sea Princess and Happy Hour seemed to be a well kept secret that after 8 pm you could get four different beers and three cocktails and some mixers for 2.99 dollars

I wonder why. On the ships I've been on recently (Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald and Coral) the menus were prominently displayed.

Just back from the Sea Princess and Happy Hour seemed to be a well kept secret that after 8 pm you could get four different beers and three cocktails and some mixers for 2.99 dollars

Just off the Diamond and it was definitely not a secret there. It was in the Patter every day and on the drink menus very prominently displayed at every bar on the ship.

Just looked at our Island Princess Patters and they do not show any happy hour with special drinks after 8PM? So, apparently every ship has their own prices?????

It was on the back page, bottom left-hand corner of every Patter during our 12 nights on the Diamond. Every ship is responsible for printing up their own Patters, but not sure why they wouldn't have that included on the Island.

Just looked at our Island Princess Patters and they do not show any happy hour with special drinks after 8PM? So, apparently every ship has their own prices?????

All ships have the same price; $2.99, for those after 8:00 PM specials. Some ships just advertise it better.

It was on the back page, bottom left-hand corner of every Patter during our 12 nights on the Diamond. Every ship is responsible for printing up their own Patters, but not sure why they wouldn't have that included on the Island.

Back page, bottom of page 1 1/2" block shows Shore Excursions information. I can not find any info on drinks other than Legal drinking age and 15% srvice charge for all bar and wine bills.

So, there is no standard on printing data in the Patters.

I was on the Island last October and it was advertised on the back of most of the drink menus throughout the ship - even on the back of the coffee menu in the Patisserie. I took advantage of it numerous times... :D

I was on the Island last October and it was advertised on the back of most of the drink menus throughout the ship - even on the back of the coffee menu in the Patisserie. I took advantage of it numerous times... :D

It might have been back then, but Jan 2011 it was not. I assume that they changed the info in the Jan 2011 Island Princess Patters. That is where consistency is lacking. Things change even during a cruise.

It was definitely not in the Princess Patter on the Sea Princess and we didn't notice it on the drinks menu. A passenger mentioned it to us and said he had seen it at the bar, but most people don't go to the bar and get served by the waiters, and other people it was mentioned to didn't appear to know about it. We did rather like paying $2.99 rather than $6.99

Archived