Special Holiday Sailing? What does that mean?

I booked the Majesty for December 19-23 and THEN I requested a RCI Vacation Planner (brochure). I was looking through it last night and for the December 19th sailing (and sailings around that date on the other ships) it says:

**On these dates, there will be special holiday sailings. Port order may vary.

Has anyone sailed during this time or perhaps can explain what that means?

Holiday sailings mean man, many more kids than normal, higher rates (for that reason, school is out and the demand is higher), and sometimes they move port dates around so you can be at sea, for example, on Christmas, when nothing in port would be open.

It appears that your cruise is close enough to Xmas that they can squeeze some extra bucks for the cabins, since more than likely all Holiday decs will be in place etc etc. Usually when it says special holiday sailing it is like previous poster said More Kids and More bucks.

"Special Holiday Sailing" means that they will increase the prices to the outer limits of what they think customers will pay.

Carol :D

It also means that the length of the cruise and the ports visited may vary from that ship's usual routine. For instance, on a ship that usually sails a 7-day cruise, if Christmas and New Year's fall on Sunday, they may have a special holiday sailing of Saturday through Monday, a 9 day cruise, just that one time.

OH! And here I thought SANTA CLAUS was cruising with us! :p

Actually, the December 19th sailing is less expensive than the Thanksgiving week sailing and they have NO reference to "Special Holiday Sailing". Just checked the July and August sailings and they are even HIGHER!

Can someone else explain what a "Special Holiday Sailing" is, because it sure isn't the price!

Archived