Liberty disembarking with 1115 flight from MIA

bloneill

First time cruiser and booked a 11 15 a.m. Flight from MIA thinking we get in port at 6:00. I am Canadian so although I hear that it may be okay I am trying to. Decide. If am screwed. It's only 15 min to airport? I am willing to do self disembarkation. Please tell me I haven't ruined my trip as I don't think I can change flights now!!!!!!

Thanks in advance for responding.

You will not have a problem at all. This past week was on LOS and had an 1130 out of FLL. We arrived at FLL at 820am!!! I was very worried because of the stories on here so we did Express Departure and walked off the ship at 6:15 and was though customs by 6:20. You will not have an issue if you do Express and walk off with your own bags. And we went to Belize the cause of the problems apparently, not sure if you are or not...

We just got off Liberty on Sunday. Had no problems. my mother in law had a 12:30 flight out of MIA and got off the ship at 8am and was in a taxi by 8:30. Said she had no problems at all. We got off later with no problems at all but we had a later flight at 2:55 just in case. If you are super worried do the walk-off when you are able to after 6am just to save yourself the anxiety. :)

You will be fine, but be sure to sign up for the "self assist" departure. This means that you carry off your own luggage. There is a form to sign up for this available at Guest Services. You will be the first off the ship. It is about a 20 minutes taxi ride from the port to Miami airport.

OP is flying out of MIA not FLL. Big difference. Not sure how close you will be. Maybe someone else can chime in with their experiences with MIA.

Yes I realize that. My point was that I was just off LOS which is in Miami and I had to go to FLL and made it with plenty of time. Perhaps you should look into things before you post replies that discredit another persons response especially if it is only negative and not even trying to help the OP with their original question....

Well, it's never advisable to book a flight prior to noon. It just you a little extra time so your not rushing to the airport, etc. That being said an 11:15AM flight should be fine. Just inform guest relations during your cruise that you have an 11:15AM flight and they will prioritize your disembarkation from the ship. It's not too far from the port to the airport and taxis are readily available. Have a nice cruise. :)

You'll be fine. Traffic is dead on Sundays (well, except for this Sunday due to the marathon) and you'll make it there in 15-20 minutes.

Just do as others said...express departure and walk off early.

I"m Canadian too....you'll have no problems...my friend goes through US and I go Canada and we end up getting through at about the same time.

Archived