Excited! Upsell Fairy POA upgrade AF (family aft balc) to AC (deluxe family suite)

tone1

We were so lucky to get a call from the Upsell Dept yesterday offering us a great upsell price to go from our aft balcony family cabin (AF) to deluxe family suite (AC).

I asked whether or not there were any upsell opportunities for the other two family members travelling with us in a BA balcony cabin. Was offered an Owner's suite or the Grand suite for the same upgrade price. Too bad they called back too late to get the Grand (some other lucky cruisers booked it first), but they still got an Owner's suite.

I know that we won't have any real sea days in the suite, but has anyone recently sailed in the Deluxe family suite or Owner's suite that has pics or advice to make the best use of the suites?

Has anyone else gotten lucky with an upgrade or upsell call on POA or another NCL ship?

Sounds like a NCL board discussion, not a Hawaii discussion.

Truthfully I think this is the perfect forum. Since I'm going on the POA as well I would love to know who, when, where, what, and everything else that might happen. If it happens to them, it might happen to me and that is of very much interest to me.

Sounds like a NCL board discussion, not a Hawaii discussion.

For my upcoming cruise I rarely go to the NCL board because almost nothing there pertains to the Pride of America ship. Therefore, I actually appreciate that this question was opened up here.

We were so lucky to get a call from the Upsell Dept yesterday offering us a great upsell price to go from our aft balcony family cabin (AF) to deluxe family suite (AC).

I asked whether or not there were any upsell opportunities for the other two family members travelling with us in a BA balcony cabin. Was offered an Owner's suite or the Grand suite for the same upgrade price. Too bad they called back too late to get the Grand (some other lucky cruisers booked it first), but they still got an Owner's suite.

I know that we won't have any real sea days in the suite, but has anyone recently sailed in the Deluxe family suite or Owner's suite that has pics or advice to make the best use of the suites?

Has anyone else gotten lucky with an upgrade or upsell call on POA or another NCL ship?

I can't answer your question, but can you tell me what you paid for the upsell? I would love to get this call and I have the same AF cabin that you upsold...and I have a bunch of cabins for other relatives that could be upsold.

Truthfully I think this is the perfect forum. Since I'm going on the POA as well I would love to know who, when, where, what, and everything else that might happen. If it happens to them, it might happen to me and that is of very much interest to me.

Nicely said and I agree...sheesh!

Did you book directly through NCL or did you use a TA? There has been a lot of talk of upgrade/upsell offers coming directly through NCL, but we booked with a TA this time. I usually book directly with cruiseline.

I booked directly with NCL. I think I read in an upsell fairy thread on NCL that another cruiser had the TA and the upsell department in a 3-way conversation. Maybe, you could check with your TA and give it a try. Good luck!:)

For my upcoming cruise I rarely go to the NCL board because almost nothing there pertains to the Pride of America ship. Therefore, I actually appreciate that this question was opened up here.

That’s exactly the reason that I posted it in both. I wasn’t sure how many past NCL POA cruisers still read the Hawaiian forum, so I thought recent POA cruisers who still post here might be able to provide me with answers here, but POA cruisers who may have sailed in 1 of these suites quite some time ago might only be checking the NCL boards now. There isn’t always a lot of POA response or info on NCL boards. Okay, and I have to admit I was pretty excited and wanted to share.:o It was also to let future cruisers know it could happen for you too!:p

I can't answer your question, but can you tell me what you paid for the upsell? I would love to get this call and I have the same AF cabin that you upsold...and I have a bunch of cabins for other relatives that could be upsold.

If you can give me your e-mail, I’ll see what I can do. Here’s hoping that you can get an upsell fairy call for even yourself, if not all of the other relatives.:D You’ve been booked for a really long time, right? How many cabins and what’s the total number in your group?

We were in an owners suite 2 weeks ago and enjoyed the extra space and huge balcony . Having the butler bring breakfast each morning and , occasionally , dinner to eat in the cabin or on the balcony was especially pleasant .

Awww....thanks for your support.:)

If you can post your e-mail, I have a huge document on my experience (so I won't forget the details later on) or you can just ask me more specific questions.

We were in an owners suite 2 weeks ago and enjoyed the extra space and huge balcony . Having the butler bring breakfast each morning and , occasionally , dinner to eat in the cabin or on the balcony was especially pleasant .

Can't remember, but did you do a review? Glad to hear that you enjoyed the suite.

Have you cruised in a suite on NCL before? I will have to explore the tipping for butler or concierge on NCL. When we had a suite on Celebrity, they auto-tipped $3pp for the butler per day and we topped up whenever we used his services. I can't remember what, if any, the concierge services were, but we didn't use any such services, and didn't tip for them except extra to the cabin steward, maitre d, waiter and busboy on top of their auto-tips.

• 1 month later...

If you can give me your e-mail, I’ll see what I can do. Here’s hoping that you can get an upsell fairy call for even yourself, if not all of the other relatives.:D You’ve been booked for a really long time, right? How many cabins and what’s the total number in your group?

I just recently re-found this thread--I don't know if i got notice of postings to the thread or missed them or what, but here's my email--

smrtypnts (note: no vowels) at hotmail.com

Since you've now gone and come back--i hope you had a great time and enjoyed your new found luxury!!

Archived