Retroactive Cruise Credits

Hey everyone,

I sailed on RCCI for the first time in 2004. Now, I am planning my second cruise for my honeymoon and was wondering how far back they let you go to apply past cruises to your C&A status? Just figured if I could get a jump on it, why not ! Also, do they have any way of looking up cruise details for you, by SS number or anything of that nature? Thanks for the answers in advance !

Hey everyone,

I sailed on RCCI for the first time in 2004. Now, I am planning my second cruise for my honeymoon and was wondering how far back they let you go to apply past cruises to your C&A status? Just figured if I could get a jump on it, why not ! Also, do they have any way of looking up cruise details for you, by SS number or anything of that nature? Thanks for the answers in advance !

Did you sign up for the Crown & Anchor Society? Even if you have lost track of your account number, if your account exists, they can easily find it.

And 2004 is not so long ago. Their computers should have a record of that cruise.

They found my cruise from 2002, this January. When you go to join, you need the date of your prior cruise and the ship you cruised on. It's okay if you're off by a couple of days, btw, I was wrong about the exact sail date of my cruise, and they still found it.

Prior to last week I had credit for my 1991 Sovereign cruise as well as sailing in a JS on the Grandeur in 1997. When the did my conversion they threw out my sovereign sailing all together and said that the cabin I was in on the Grandeur is now a D1 so that is what I get credit for. So I went from having 22 (3 cruise credits) points on 1/21 when the did the conversion. Then on the 1/22 when they credited my most recent Voyager cruise my points dropped to 15 and I was pretty much told tough luck.

Not sure what to do at this point. I was supposed to be Platinum after my upcoming cruise in April, now I'll only have 22 points.

They found my cruise from 2002, this January. When you go to join, you need the date of your prior cruise and the ship you cruised on. It's okay if you're off by a couple of days, btw, I was wrong about the exact sail date of my cruise, and they still found it.

Milton, was this through the website C&A sign up or the phone? Would it matter if the cruise wasn't booked by me, but obviously my name was on my part of the reservation?

Did you sign up for the Crown & Anchor Society? Even if you have lost track of your account number, if your account exists, they can easily find it.

And 2004 is not so long ago. Their computers should have a record of that cruise.

They found mine that was in 2005. I had forgotten the dates, but they had them.

Prior to last week I had credit for my 1991 Sovereign cruise as well as sailing in a JS on the Grandeur in 1997. When the did my conversion they threw out my sovereign sailing all together and said that the cabin I was in on the Grandeur is now a D1 so that is what I get credit for. So I went from having 22 (3 cruise credits) points on 1/21 when the did the conversion. Then on the 1/22 when they credited my most recent Voyager cruise my points dropped to 15 and I was pretty much told tough luck.

Not sure what to do at this point. I was supposed to be Platinum after my upcoming cruise in April, now I'll only have 22 points.

Double credit for suites started in 2004 so you didn't loose the extra credit. It wasn"t there to begin with.

Double credit for suites started in 2004 so you didn't loose the extra credit. It wasn"t there to begin with.

I have always had three cruise credits. After my most recent cruise was credited (day after the change) I now only have two credits or 15 points when I should have 4 credits or 29 points.

I agree with the other poster, you shouldn't have had an extra credit for the JS for a 1997 cruise. It sounds like you should have only had 2 credits. Either way, did you make a printout of your cruise history prior to the changes, as was advised by many here on CC in the days leading up to the change? If so, contact C&A and they should make an adjustment for you.

I have always had three cruise credits. After my most recent cruise was credited (day after the change) I now only have two credits or 15 points when I should have 4 credits or 29 points.

If your cruise history consists of

• one credit for Sovereign in 1991
  • one credit for Grandeur in 1997 (no double credit for a JS as that went into effect 1/1/2004)
  • one credit for your recent cruise on Voyager

you would have had 3 credits prior to the conversion and after the conversion you should have 22.

You need to contact C&A again and speak to another rep or ask to speak to a Supervisor.

Maybe I should have said it shouldn't have been there in the first place. They found the error when you called and corrected it. Sounds like it's missing your latest cruise which can be corrected. You had 2 cruises plus your most recent?

When I was signing up my boyfriend and I for C&A after our 'first' cruise, they found the 12-day Scandinavian cruise he took back in 2001 with his grandparents on RCCL. :eek: I was upset that he had more points now than me!

Anyway, if they can find a 2001 cruise, they can surely find a 2004 one.:p

Archived