Help! C&A conversion missed our last cruise and now won't give us the points!

sabbie

THanks for all the suggestions everyone, I did end up calling again this morning and spoke to Jeanne and she was very helpful and told me that within 72 hours the correct points of 69 would be posted to his account. She said the request would need to be approved by a committee of some sort (I think she said leadership) but since it was well before the cut off it shouldn't be a problem at all as it was their error. Yes, at the 73 hour mark I will be checking and calling in if it isn't posted. ;) Email will go out as well if it isn't resolved by then.

I just got off the phone with C&A. Similar situation.... we cruised on Monarch Jan 14-17, but that cruise didn't post until today.

Prior to that cruise I had 20 cruise credits, which converted to 153 points.

When the Monarch cruise posted today, they added 3 points, since it was a 3 night cruise. Since the cruise was taken before the conversion, it should have meant 21 credits, which would have converted to 160 points. The guy I spoke to put me on hold to talk to someone else. He came back and said IT is working on it and it should be corrected soon. It was a little unclear as to whether everyone in this boat (no pun intended) will have their account fixed automatically, or if mine will be fixed because he had noted my C&A number and reported it. Either way, I"ll wait a few days and see if it is corrected and call back if not.

I

Not to mention, its a ridiculous points system that mean almost nothing. Enjoy your cruise. Don't worry about loyalty points.

The balcony discounts increase with each C&A level, and reflects an actual cash savings. I wouldn't say that saving money means "almost nothing."

And some of the coupons in the D and D+ booklets actually offer real cash savings as well, such as the ones for free internet time.

... "rise through the ranks" ...

Really? That's what this is all about? RANK?

Seriously, C&A is nothing more than a game to try to make you think you are getting something for nothing.

"Complimentary 7-night cruise in a Junior Suite stateroom for 1400 cruise points and 350 cruise points thereafter"

1400 points = 200 cruises @ 7 nights/cruise. Let's say the average is $800 per cruise. That's $160,000 to get one $800 free cruise. Not a very good return on investment.

Enjoy cruising for what it is and consider the C&A benefits just a small bit of sugar on top and stop arguing about RANK...

Seriously, C&A is nothing more than a game to try to make you think you are getting something for nothing.

"Complimentary 7-night cruise in a Junior Suite stateroom for 1400 cruise points and 350 cruise points thereafter"

1400 points = 200 cruises @ 7 nights/cruise. Let's say the average is $800 per cruise. That's $160,000 to get one $800 free cruise. Not a very good return on investment.

Enjoy cruising for what it is and consider the C&A benefits just a small bit of sugar on top and stop arguing about RANK...

I understand what you think you are saying.

But here is the flaw in your "math":

1400 points = 200 cruises @ 7 nights/cruise. Let's say the average is $800 per cruise. That's $160,000 to get 200 cruises!!!!!

The free cruise is on top of that.

You can appreciate and enjoy all of your cruises for "what they are" and STILL appreciate getting that free 201st cruise!

The higher the "rank" the more substantial the savings on future cruises. Not a bad deal. Besides, this has nothing to do with the OPs rank. It has to do with the OP being credited with the amount of points they are entitled to. The cruise was taken before the conversion so they should be credited with the additional points.

I understand what you think you are saying.

But here is the flaw in your "math":

1400 points = 200 cruises @ 7 nights/cruise. Let's say the average is $800 per cruise. That's $160,000 to get 200 cruises!!!!!

The free cruise is on top of that.

You can appreciate and enjoy all of your cruises for "what they are" and STILL appreciate getting that free 201st cruise!

Haha! GOOD POINT!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
I just got off the phone with C&A. Similar situation.... we cruised on Monarch Jan 14-17, but that cruise didn't post until today.

Prior to that cruise I had 20 cruise credits, which converted to 153 points.

When the Monarch cruise posted today, they added 3 points, since it was a 3 night cruise. Since the cruise was taken before the conversion, it should have meant 21 credits, which would have converted to 160 points. The guy I spoke to put me on hold to talk to someone else. He came back and said IT is working on it and it should be corrected soon. It was a little unclear as to whether everyone in this boat (no pun intended) will have their account fixed automatically, or if mine will be fixed because he had noted my C&A number and reported it. Either way, I"ll wait a few days and see if it is corrected and call back if not.

Meg- I am in the same situation as you, had 20 credits then took a 5 day that completed January 20th, but this will not adjust my days up. This is the response I got back. Did you have any luck, if so who did you speak to?

Thank you for your email. We apologize for any delay in our response. With our recent enhancement to our Crown and Anchor program we have updated our Crown and Anchor Society Member section with a cruise credit to cruise point converter. Please visit our on-line Cruise Credit to Cruise Point conversion tool for an accurate conversion of your cruise credits* to cruise points**. This tool is accessible by clicking on Cruise History within the member section. To use the tool to receive an accurate cruise point total please enter the total number of cruise credits showing in your cruise history prior to 01/21/2011. Entering the number of cruise points showing currently will not calculate an accurate total.

Please note: *Cruises posted prior to January 21, 2011 were not converted based on number of nights. **Any sailing posted after January 21, 2011 will be credited based on the number of nights. This number will be doubled if you purchase and complete the sailing in a suite.

Your cruise onboard Navigator of the Seas, January 15, 2011 was posted to your account after the conversion to cruise points. Unfortunately, we are unable to adjust your cruise points.

If we may be of further assistance, please contact us again. Our telephone number and hours of operation are listed below. Our representatives will be happy to assist with any inquiries you may have.

Sincerely,

Marie Shelton

Crown & Anchor Society

Meg- I am in the same situation as you, had 20 credits then took a 5 day that completed January 20th, but this will not adjust my days up. This is the response I got back. Did you have any luck, if so who did you speak to?

Thank you for your email. We apologize for any delay in our response. With our recent enhancement to our Crown and Anchor program we have updated our Crown and Anchor Society Member section with a cruise credit to cruise point converter. Please visit our on-line Cruise Credit to Cruise Point conversion tool for an accurate conversion of your cruise credits* to cruise points**. This tool is accessible by clicking on Cruise History within the member section. To use the tool to receive an accurate cruise point total please enter the total number of cruise credits showing in your cruise history prior to 01/21/2011. Entering the number of cruise points showing currently will not calculate an accurate total.

Please note: *Cruises posted prior to January 21, 2011 were not converted based on number of nights. **Any sailing posted after January 21, 2011 will be credited based on the number of nights. This number will be doubled if you purchase and complete the sailing in a suite.

Your cruise onboard Navigator of the Seas, January 15, 2011 was posted to your account after the conversion to cruise points. Unfortunately, we are unable to adjust your cruise points.

If we may be of further assistance, please contact us again. Our telephone number and hours of operation are listed below. Our representatives will be happy to assist with any inquiries you may have.

Sincerely,

Marie Shelton

Crown & Anchor Society

I would keep trying, I was on the Navigator January 10-15, points didn't post until after the conversion and after a bunch of back and forth they awarded me the points. However, they were taken off 2 weeks ago, I emailed twice before they finally responded and said they would be credited me the points, but at the current time they weren't able to add points to their system. Keep trying. Ask to speak to someone higher and higher up. I even went as far to take screen shots of the converter when it showed 7 and 8 credits and what it equaled out to, and I emphasized that the cruise was taken and completed BEFORE the conversion, before it was even announced and that it what they owed me.

I would keep trying, I was on the Navigator January 10-15, points didn't post until after the conversion and after a bunch of back and forth they awarded me the points. However, they were taken off 2 weeks ago, I emailed twice before they finally responded and said they would be credited me the points, but at the current time they weren't able to add points to their system. Keep trying. Ask to speak to someone higher and higher up. I even went as far to take screen shots of the converter when it showed 7 and 8 credits and what it equaled out to, and I emphasized that the cruise was taken and completed BEFORE the conversion, before it was even announced and that it what they owed me.

Thanks for this info, could you post to this thread if you finally do get the extra points, maybe I can use this thread to help my case, it is only two days but will make a difference for me.

I'd keep calling back and would question this:

The RCI C&A site makes no mention of a conversion based on "posted" credits. It says, "On January 21st, 2011, your current cruise credits will be converted to Cruise Points. Your membership status is safe and secure. We have grandfathered all of your benefits. "

If you completed the cruise on January 15th then that would be the date of your current cruise credits.

I'm going round-and-round on the same issue with C&A and the latest response from reps on the phone has included wording about the delay it takes to enter your completed cruises into the system . I find this slightly suspect since I doubt RCI employs scribes, using a pen and paper, to record member travels followed by pony express to deliver the results printed on reams of paper to the home office. I'd venture a guess that it is actually electronically recorded and transmitted - probably completed within 48 hours from the time you make the final swipe of your setsail pass exiting the ship.

Thanks for this info, could you post to this thread if you finally do get the extra points, maybe I can use this thread to help my case, it is only two days but will make a difference for me.

I already got the points, they gave in and gave them to me, but it's just a technical error and they can't be added to my account right now. Here's my advise, email agoldstein@rccl.com (make sure I spelled that right) and tell them your story. Insist that you took the cruise before the change was even announced and their website says the change would only affect cruises taken after January 21. It's not your fault that there is a delay in their system and you shouldn't be punished for it. When I spoke to C&A, they insisted I was wrong when I told them what the calculator said, which is why I took the screen shots.

Under: How do your cruise credits convert to cruise points:.....(in the mailout)

"Please note: The cruise credits reflect all cruises that have been applied to your account as of January 12th,2011. Remember,cruises can take up to 14 business days to be applied to your account."

Under: How do your cruise credits convert to cruise points:.....(in the mailout)

"Please note: The cruise credits reflect all cruises that have been applied to your account as of January 12th,2011. Remember,cruises can take up to 14 business days to be applied to your account."

- Wife and I never received this mailout

- The Jan 12th date/information is not posted on the C&A website "pre" or "post" conversion. (or at least I can't find it)

- In regards to the 14 day application, the C&A site states, "(Any cruises taken after January 21, 2011 may take up to the normal 14 days to be applied to your account.)" --- at issue are cruises taken prior to January 21st.

- Wife and I never received this mailout

I can belive that-this has been an IT nightmare for sure.

The mailing says:

"Ringing in the new year with exciting new enhancements" and is several pages long explaining all the benifits + what I posted above. There is also a smaller booklet inside showing all the bennies for your level. There is a thread on here about the mailing, maybe pages back by now.

Here it is http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1346165

[quote name='setsail'][quote name='Emeripsni']- Wife and I never received this mailout

I can belive that-this has been an IT nightmare for sure.

The mailing says:

"Ringing in the new year with exciting new enhancements" and is several pages long explaining all the benifits + what I posted above. There is also a smaller booklet inside showing all the bennies for your level. There is a thread on here about the mailing, maybe pages back by now.[/quote]

Would like to see it ... and also would like to know why it is the only place the date of Jan 12th is apparently mentioned.

Archived