:) cabin fever has a hold on me

acruisingpeach23

I was actually hooked on my first cruise in February 1982 on the Nordic Prince to the Caribbean. However, my ex didn't care for cruising that much, so there was a pause of many years before I thought of it again. In 2004, when looking for a suitable vacation taking into account my DW's diminishing mobility capacity,we decided on a P&O cruise to the northern Europe region - she had always wanted to see Copenhagen, where she had family roots. The rest, as they say, is History.

We first cruised on the Thomson Celebration in 2007 around the Med.

Why? Because my Mum and Dad had cruised for years and kept saying that we should try it.

7 cruises in 3 years and our next one on the Grand in June this year!

I guess that means we are seriously hooked!

I am always telling friends and colleagues that they should try cruising because I'd love to be able to say "I told you so" when they come back full of how wonderful it is :D

Jayne xxx

Laura, I'm totally wrong lol I've never been to the hamptons but I just asked my boyfriend and he said it could take 4 hours with traffic :) so sorry for the overexaggeration hehe! I will mapquest it for you and let you know asap :)

I was not clear in my post-we are staying at the Hampton Inn on Staten Island and getting a car service from there to take us to the Brooklyn post.I am so sorry about my unclear post.I knew what I meant but didn't post it clear.Sorry!

Laura

My best (and oldest friend) and his DW and my DW and I had talked for several years about doing a vacation together. In early 2008, he called me saying they had booked this cruise, on the Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean, for November. We mulled it over for a couple months - should we go? - finally deciding why not? By the end of the second day, we were like when can we do this again? LOL

After that we went on cruises the same week in 2009 and 2010 and now in 2011 we are going to Alaska in September on the Sapphire(two cruises technically since we taking the one day from Seattle to Vancouver LOL) We are already in discussion to what we might do in 2012 (maybe two cruises???) We are definitely hooked!!

Laura sorry for the misunderstanding!

From the hampton inn hotel it should take no more than 45 minutes. No traffic and fast driver maybe 30 minutes. With traffic possibly one hour or one and a half hours. If its early enough on a sunday the BQE should be clear :)

Sorry again for the confusion :)

My first cruise was June of 1967. I was at a medical conference in Miami, and there was a 3 day cruise to Nassua posted. It was on the old Sunward (NCL I think) and the room was 'el cheapo'. Cost $99pp. NO BATHROOM in the cabin, but there was a locked bathroom around the corner. We had the only key, so it was our private bathroom. I couldn't believe the food and fun, and we have been cruising ever since.---en suite only!!!

Lancet

Compared to some we are late starters. (DHs fault:eek:) Anyway our first one was on the Grand Princess in 2004 and like others we didn't have a clue as to what to expect. DH loved. loved it and we have been cruising every since.

I even remember our cabin # - Baha710. We then tried Aloha but after that have been Caribe Deck cruisers.:):)

OP has the Cabin Fever calmed down a little??????:eek:

Laura sorry for the misunderstanding!

From the hampton inn hotel it should take no more than 45 minutes. No traffic and fast driver maybe 30 minutes. With traffic possibly one hour or one and a half hours. If its early enough on a sunday the BQE should be clear :)

Sorry again for the confusion :)

Thank you!!!

What a fun thread. My hubby and I started talking about cruising about the year 2000 right after we had our youngest. Figured we better wait until she was older. So, finally we took our first cruise in May 2008 on the Disney Magic. I have to say it was an amazing cruise and we fell in love with cruising and the Caribbean. By the 2nd day we were looking at each other and saying "I love this". I actually ended up getting a job with a cruiseline I liked it so much. :D Going on our 4th cruise in July.

Compared to some we are late starters. (DHs fault:eek:) Anyway our first one was on the Grand Princess in 2004 and like others we didn't have a clue as to what to expect. DH loved. loved it and we have been cruising every since.

I even remember our cabin # - Baha710. We then tried Aloha but after that have been Caribe Deck cruisers.:)

OP has the Cabin Fever calmed down a little??????:eek:

NO!! It started snowing again tonight and the mounds of snow on my extremly narrow two way street have made it worse. I have 3 dogs that love to walk me and I have been learning how to ice skate thanks to them:eek: The bf wanted to go to the gym but after shoveling for 3 hours yesterday and 4 cars later (helped the neighbors) I think i had a good enough workout:p

But I have been reading all these posts and I am having so much fun reading them

Hehe hopefully this thread continues to the first day of spring :)

Archived