Ocean Countess

bossmum1

only from tilbury to amsterdam and back, enjoyed the ship. sadly things did not go great as the volcano iniceland meant only half the staff were onboard. the serrvice in the dining room was pretty bad and some bar staff were not helpful. hopefully things are better now. would like to try her again. i have to commend ocean and maritime as wrote a letter and got half my money back.

dave

We did a cruise from Liverpool on this ship in September last year.

We felt we got fair value for money. The ship had a very friendly atmosphere, we were pleased with our cabin, the organisation of stops and excursions was pretty good. Entertainment was varied. Food and service good in main dining room.

A couple of things we weren't keen on- the buffet area isn't very attractive, food only ever lukewarm in there, and deck space was limited in good weather. Top deck (pool and tower bar, can only be accessed by stairs- no lifts up there. This was no problem for us, but those with mobility problems found it hard to find another indoor space to relax with a book, often saw people trying to read in the rather gloomy (in daytime) theatre.

Liverpool docks are pretty awful to look at, but boarding was quick and efficient. It took a LONG time to dock and get clearance to disembark when we returned- mainly due to having to wait for the lock to fill up so we could get into the dock.

Hope this helps, happy to answer any other questions if I can,

kate

We did a cruise from Liverpool on this ship in September last year.

We felt we got fair value for money. The ship had a very friendly atmosphere, we were pleased with our cabin, the organisation of stops and excursions was pretty good. Entertainment was varied. Food and service good in main dining room.

A couple of things we weren't keen on- the buffet area isn't very attractive, food only ever lukewarm in there, and deck space was limited in good weather. Top deck (pool and tower bar, can only be accessed by stairs- no lifts up there. This was no problem for us, but those with mobility problems found it hard to find another indoor space to relax with a book, often saw people trying to read in the rather gloomy (in daytime) theatre.

Liverpool docks are pretty awful to look at, but boarding was quick and efficient. It took a LONG time to dock and get clearance to disembark when we returned- mainly due to having to wait for the lock to fill up so we could get into the dock.

Hope this helps, happy to answer any other questions if I can,

kate

Hi Kate you state you were pleased with your cabin

I've booked a Superior Oceanview cabin on deck 5, would you know what these cabins are like? Also I've read elsewhere that the ship is very noisy, creaks & groans whilst at sea. What was your experience of this please?

Thanks

Hi Kate you state you were pleased with your cabin

I've booked a Superior Oceanview cabin on deck 5, would you know what these cabins are like? Also I've read elsewhere that the ship is very noisy, creaks & groans whilst at sea. What was your experience of this please?

Thanks

Hi- we did book that cabin grade, but a few weeks before sailing we were offered an upgrade to a de-luxe at the very front of deck 6. (there was a down side to this- before we left Liverpool our windows were boarded up because of bad weather! Didn't see daylight again until Lisbon.)

Had chance to peek into a few cabins as we walked down the corridors, they all seemed to be furnished in the same style and looked very clean and comfortable, but not very spacious. Having previously mainly sailed with Thomson-cabins were at least as good if not better.

It does judder quite a bit especially when the sea is rough, but we didn't find it unduly noisy otherwise.

kate

Hi i have heard the ship is nosiy too but so was Black Prince, i too would like to know which is the best grade cabin with as little noise as poss due to insomnia sleep dosent come easy for me,

Yes Langton dock is something else but i look beyond that as its only a means to boarding a cruiseship.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read some really diffrent opinions on this... we are also considering because of the itinerary but some reviews are really really bad, while others seem to be ok with it. Nobody really says wonders but some are just about ok with the ship. I'd like to get more information as well, if possible. Any other cruisers, stories?

Archived