alaska

Kagehitokiri

no word at all? not even rumors?

comparison >

new seabourn = 225 cabins, 462 max pax, 335 crew

silver shadow = 194 cabins, 429 max pax, 302 crew

regent navigator = 253 cabins, 546 max pax, 345 crew

im now out of the game, having booked this summer on silversea for a reason unrelated to silversea. i had been planning to watch for deals on american safari, wait for residensea, and hope for seabourn.

Kagehikotiri,

AS you probably know the triplets are not licensed to sail Alaskan waters. Perhaps with the coming of the Quest SB might assign one fo its larger ships to Alaska but I tend to doubt it. Silversea is sailing that itinerary and has cut down most of its cruises to seven days. Regent is on the waters as well and this summer Crystal and Oceania are there too. Not sure there is room for another luxury line. But who knows? Holland America may have a different opinion.

I too wish they would take on of the larger ships to Alaska. Several years ago we travelled throughout this region on the Seabourn Spirit then did the crossing on the Bearing Sea over to Russia then final stop of Tokyo.

Enjoy fabulous scenery and would love to return, especially for those hot "toddy" beverages in the cool climate, they certainly warm you up. Let's just hope they try it for one season to see how it goes. Fingers crossed :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived