Taku Glacier Lodge Flight-Juneau

travelbuds

Curious if one side of the plane for the Taku Glacier Lodge Flight and Feast excursion offers

better opportunities for photos. Can we request seats?

Thank you.

No and No.:) We took this trip about five years ago and it was very nice. Great views in all directions and everyone had a window seat. Here is a link to some pictures that I took when we visited: http://cid-b7aec1ebf27abfaf.photos.live.com/self.aspx/Vacation%20Photos/Alaska%20Cruise%202004/A%20Taku%2001%20Airplane.JPG

Please use the show mode and there are several pictures from that trip (~24).

Views are great from all seats. We were in a 6 pax Beaver (I think). There were also 10 pax Otters. Our plane had the pilot and 5 pax with everyone having a window. Of course, the best seat is in the front by the pilot :) but I was in the back on the left and got some great pictures. My DH was in the middle row on the right and also got good pix. Here is a link to our pix:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/354385877pEpDrd

They hardly do justice to the views though.

• 2 months later...
does anyone else have comments about this trip? Are you in the air for the full time stated?

thanks!

It is a short flight, most of the time is on land. I took this tour, direct, several years ago, when you had a LOT of time at the lodge, too much actually, in my early Alaska travels, since I also was wanting to see more of Juneau. They have since shortened this trip, and now, I could stay there longer. :)

Curious if one side of the plane for the Taku Glacier Lodge Flight and Feast excursion offers

better opportunities for photos. Can we request seats?

Thank you.

I'm not picking on you, but these questions always make me laugh. Let's say you sat on the left. On the way out, you'd see the one side of the view and on the return, the other, correct? :D

Although, when I took train out of Skagway, when we 'turned around' you just flipped your seat back over so you would get the same view side both directions!

Archived