Caribe Balcony Question

wrongwaywatson

We just received our cabin assignment, a BA Balcony on Caribe deck. We are thrilled. I know that these balconies are bigger than the other balcony room's balconies. Can you have a lounge chair, instead of a regular chair on these bigger balconies? Thanks!

If you ask your cabin steward he may be able to bring you a lounge chair. But the chairs with ottomans can be reclined a bit. Caribe deck has the best balconies because they are half covered and half open and are big compared to the others.

The room Stewards are not allowed to bring in loungers - but the ones already on your balcony do recline some and are very comfortable - we always book the Caribe decks for the roomier balconies - comfortably seating for for lunch or dinner.

The room Stewards are not allowed to bring in loungers - but the ones already on your balcony do recline some and are very comfortable - we always book the Caribe decks for the roomier balconies - comfortably seating for for lunch or dinner.

We must have gotten lucky then, because after giving our steward $10.00, he checked with his boss and later that day a lounge appeared on our balcony. Don't really need one though, but it was a nice.:D

We must have gotten lucky then, because after giving our steward $10.00, he checked with his boss and later that day a lounge appeared on our balcony. Don't really need one though, but it was a nice.:D
It would have to be a fire-retardant lounger and those on Lido deck are not fire-retardant. It's a safety issue as well as the ship complying with maritime regulations. Ever since the Star fire, which was caused by a cigarette landing on the furniture, cruise ships have been required to use only certain types of furniture on balconies. That's why they changed the furniture. So, your $10 potentially put you and others at risk, and if the lounger were reported by someone, your cabin steward and his supervisor could be fired immediately and have to pay their own way home. Bypassing safety policies and regulations can have repercussions as they are taken very seriously.

We just received our cabin assignment, a BA Balcony on Caribe deck. We are thrilled. I know that these balconies are bigger than the other balcony room's balconies. Can you have a lounge chair, instead of a regular chair on these bigger balconies? Thanks!

You don't say which ship you are on. Although many of the ships do have the bigger caribe deck balconies, be aware that those on ships such as Sea Princess are cut out of the hull and are much smaller (on Sea, the balconies are much the same size on caribe as on baja and aloha decks).

:)

I wouldn't do anything but a big caribe deck balcony now! They are great.

You don't say which ship you are on. Although many of the ships do have the bigger caribe deck balconies, be aware that those on ships such as Sea Princess are cut out of the hull and are much smaller (on Sea, the balconies are much the same size on caribe as on baja and aloha decks).

:)

I wouldn't do anything but a big caribe deck balcony now! They are great.

Homeless Bear - We are booked on the Crown.

Homeless Bear - We are booked on the Crown.

Hi Jackie,

I was on the Crown last July to Norway and had a fantastic time. Had a caribe deck balcony so got to enjoy the extra room that these provide. I'm sure that you will have a great cruise. Enjoy!

Best wishes.:)

If you ask your cabin steward he may be able to bring you a lounge chair. But the chairs with ottomans can be reclined a bit. Caribe deck has the best balconies because they are half covered and half open and are big compared to the others.
It does not appear that all Grand class Caribe deck balconies have ottomans. I know that the Star had them last year and I thought the Golden did in the Fall of 2007. I haven't been on the Crown/Emerald/Ruby but photos of Caribe deck furniture on those ships show no ottomans. No ottomans on the mini-suite balconies but the little chairs work as ottomans.

Archived