Butler question, re: unpacking

waterbug123

Our first Celebrity cruise is next weekend and we have a Sky Suite. I see that one of the things the butler does is offer assistance with unpacking and packing. Can someone please tell me exactly what that entails? Not sure I care for the idea of someone going through my things to unpack them and put them away, so wondering if that's what it refers to or something different. Thanks!

I've had butlers before but never wanted that service. I really don't want someone touching my underwear and besides I like to know where everything is put.

If you're uncomfortable with this, don't ask your butler for assistance. He's there to help you with what you want and if unpacking your clothes is not something you would like him to do, don't ask.

Exactly. I do not think that I have ever heard of someone using their butler for packing and/or unpacking. In fact most butlers become very scarce at these times!" I have only ever had one who actually offered to help with packing and he was temporary. Honest;y, not something I would want to be helped with unless I was sick - which happened once years ago on a land-based holiday in Hong kong. It did the worst packing ever. In normal circumstances, I want to know where things are whether I am packing or unpacking.

Sue

It's a service that's offered, but I don't think anyone uses it. Like you, I don't want a stranger touching my dainties.

Thanks to all who replied. I have no intention of requesting the service, and will decline it if offered, I just wondered if the description of the service ("assistance with...) really meant full unpacking and I guess it does/can. No thanks, I will put my underwear away by myself! :D

Hi,

...okay, I'll chime in with an alternative viewpoint. We HAVE used the butler for unpacking.

Like other posters, I really don't care to have someone else touching my underwear; and I do like to know what goes where. Believe me, the butlers understand this.

What we've done is 'control' the unpacking, if you will, by laying the underwear aside, telling him which drawer to put socks, swimwear, walking shorts, polo shirts, etc., and by having the butler do the work of unfolding and hanging in the closet those things which hang.

It sure makes unpacking go quickly! We have, however, never used a butler to re-pack for going home.

CM

We have never been asked by a butler if we wanted this service...I would never impose on them to unpack my clothes, and I don't even wear underwear!!:D

Get the Premium Drink Package, let the Butler unpack, and ...............

Archived