Carnival post-cruise excursion POM to FLL

clansac

Looking through some very old posts and google, Carnival has several post-cruise excursions and at least one that drops at FLL. However, looking on Carnival's website for our cruise in late April, I can't find anything. Do they still do these? We have a 5pm flight out of FLL and don't want to sit around the airport all day. We've done the rental car pickup thing before and with 5 people (three generations) and luggage, it's too much work.

Any ideas?

I had the same thing and I called Carnival; they told me you needed to book this type of excursion on the ship. I don't know if that is correct...does anyone know if this is the case? I need to know this before I leave because if I don't have this excursion with transport back to FLL, then I would need to pre-book SAS for a shuttle back.

It currently says "Sorry, no excursions are available". I'm wondering if this is something they add closer to the cruise date?

Try without logging onto your Carnival account, you should see a number of post cruise excursions listed.

I believe this is due to the fact that these excursions can only be booked onboard, they are not shown on carnival.com to prevent people trying to book them online.

• 1 year later...

I am also trying to figure this out. We are on the Liberty on 3/23, flying out of FLL at about 5 pm. Carnival does offer one post-cruise excursion--to South Beach--with FLL transport. But we don't really want to go to South Beach. It's pretty expensive for basically just a drop-off, and has negative reviews on Carnival's website. However, we also don't want to rent a car. I was thinking we'd use Carnival's Luggage Express service so we don't have to deal with bags, and book a shuttle from POM to the riverwalk / children's museum in Ft. Lauderdale. But SAS only goes to the FLL airport, so that is out. Are there any other shuttles that will transport to Ft. Lauderdale locations other than the FLL airport? Might Carnival add more post-cruise excursions later? I guess we always have the option of an expensive cab ride from POM? :confused:

I would shuttle with SAS or QLS to FLL, store your bags there, and then cab to Las Olas or wherever you want for lunch, people watching, shopping, etc. Good luck! :)

Thank you--I hadn't thought about storing bags at the airport, but I see the FLL Bags To Go service referenced in another thread.

this is what we are doing, maybe this will help you out. after alot of research....

we are taking sas from pom to the ft lauderdale airport for $15.00 pp, then we are hoping into a cab to take us over to the river for the river boat tour that leaves at 11am. the ride is about 5 miles north of the airport and about 10-12 min. we are hoping to use luggage express so we dont have to drag our luggage around.

We are also looking for post cruise excursion from 3/23/2013 cruise on Liberty. Our flight is also late out of FLL. We were thinking of the Everglades tour. The Carnival website has it but only shows transfer to MIA airport. I am going to call Carnival to check into this or other excursions that might transfer to FLL airport. Dont really want to spend 8 hrs in a airport!

this is what we are doing, maybe this will help you out. after alot of research....

we are taking sas from pom to the ft lauderdale airport for $15.00 pp, then we are hoping into a cab to take us over to the river for the river boat tour that leaves at 11am. the ride is about 5 miles north of the airport and about 10-12 min. we are hoping to use luggage express so we dont have to drag our luggage around.

Thanks! I think we'll end up doing about the same thing. I have already booked SAS from POM to FLL--will either use luggage express thru the ship, or store bags at the airport. Then will cab to downtown and probably do the Carrie B. boat tour and lunch. Fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Should I be concerned that I've had no reply to the email I sent to the luggage storage people at FLL? Is it OK to wing it on whether we'll be able to use Luggage Express through the ship vs. show up at FLL w/o a luggage storage reservation? I just want to feel reassured that we won't get stuck with all our bags for the day . . . :confused:

Archived