Azamara Quest - Need a few items clarified

euro_101

Hello, as I am researching Azamara cruises, specifically the Quest, I have a few items I would like clarified:

1. I have read that the bathrooms are small. Does anyone know where I could see pictures of the bathroom? We would probably go with an inside cabin.

2. How does priority disembarkation when tendering at ports work? Is there priority to those with excursions? Or do you get off in a 'first come first served' manner? Regardless I would imagine this process occurs faster because there are less people, versus a larger ship?

3. There seems to no information on excursions on the Azamara website - are prices comparable to Celebrity or other crusie lines?

I appreciate if anyone can shed any light on these questions. Thank you in advance!

2. How does priority disembarkation when tendering at ports work? Is there priority to those with excursions? Or do you get off in a 'first come first served' manner? Regardless I would imagine this process occurs faster because there are less people, versus a larger ship?

I've heard that tendering can be kind of a stampede on a big ship. It's NOT on Azamara. As you said, fewer people, fewer crowds, fewer problems. I don't know if Azamara offers priority disembarkation. There doesn't seem to be a need for it.

Disembarkation wit tenders: It depends on when shore ex are scheduled to leave and how many passengers are involved. If you arrive early to port there is greater ease in independent passengers getting off, but if the ship is late arriving then the early shore ex folk will be given priority. that said I've always noticed a few people who shove their way out no matter what.

Shore excursions are currently half price for most itineries from April 2011. This makes them extremely reasonable! At normal price they are similar if not a bit cheaper than other cruise lines we've been on (P&O, RCI, Fred Olsen, Celebrity) but obviously prices will vary depending where you are in the world! I managed to find excursion info on the main Azamara website before booking. They call them land discoveries.

Sorry no one has much info about the bathrooms. They are small, but functional. The shower is quite small and some people have mentioned that on here. We did not find them a problem.

We tendered in two ports and had no problems being among the first off for private excursions. The tenders hold a lot of people. We found Azamara to be very well organized for things such as this.

Normally people booked on Az excursions meet in the Theatre at an agreed time and are allowed on to a predetermined Tender in order to meet the Buses.

Announcements are made about this and when all Tour Passengers are off an announcement is made opening the Tenders for all.

If you hold a priority Tender Pass then you too go to the Theatre and get a voucher to get off early.

Brian

We have photos of the bathrooms in our SE Asia review on the Quest on our website www.thepreismans.com. The main thing that is a problem with the bathroom is that the shower is small; but I had no problem taking a shower and I am a pretty big guy. I would have preferred for it to be bigger, but wouldn't be a reason I wouldn't sail on the Quest.

Priority disembarkation works the same on the Quest as any other ship we have been on. If you are on a Az tour, you meet with the group and go with them. If you have priority and you aren't on an Az tour, you just go to the exit when you want.

Whether you are in an inside cabin or most of the outside / verandah cabins, the bathroom is the same size - probably you will not want two people in there at the same time unless absolutely necessary. One problem with the small shower is the curtain - one poster mentioned she took something to attach to the bottom to weight the curtain down - like an old fashioned clothes pin or chip clip. If you find the bathroom / shower prohibitive you can always go up to the spa and use the facilities there! Azamara's strong suit is not their cabins altho they are definately adequate IMO - but their other qualities make up for the cabins.

And tendering / disembarkation was always painless because of the ship size. Excursion prices will be similar to other lines. Many ports may be do it yourself or you may want to arrange for private tours with others on your roll call.

wow MVPinBoynton! Your pics are great! They definitley make me want to cruise on this ship!

The bathrooms won't be a big deal - glad to know they are the same size in all cabin types. I just wanted to get a little more info on them. Thank you to everyone who commented on the bathrooms.

wow MVPinBoynton! Your pics are great! They definitley make me want to cruise on this ship!

The bathrooms won't be a big deal - glad to know they are the same size in all cabin types. I just wanted to get a little more info on them. Thank you to everyone who commented on the bathrooms.

I can assure you that the ship is a lot nicer than the photos. Have a great cruise.

I can assure you that the ship is a lot nicer than the photos. Have a great cruise.

Thank you,MVP, although we'll be sailing on the Journey soon, this gives us a good idea of what the ship is like. Thank you for sharing your pictures. You take good pictures.

Thank you' date='MVP, although we'll be sailing on the Journey soon, this gives us a good idea of what the ship is like. Thank you for sharing your pictures. You take good pictures.[/quote']

Thanks so much. I am glad you enjoyed them and hope you have a great time on the Journey.

Archived