night latch/lock??

ba10rk

I'm curious.

Does the "night latch/lock" keep the steward out of the room? :confused:

If I use the "night latch/lock" then the steward would not be able to enter the room with his key.

Is that correct? :o

Thanks! :D

There is no "nightlatch" like in a hotel....there is an extra lock on the door, but it is still part of the doorknob....you'll see what I mean when you arrive.

If you do NOT want the attendant to access your cabin, put the "Do Not Disturb" hanger on your door. That's the best way to assure no disruptions. However, they will not be coming into your cabin after the last dinner seating, unless you request it.

I don't know about that extra little lock but DITTO about the Do Not Disturb card. We didn't think to use either this week on our cruise and our stateroom attendant walked in on us TWICE! Once while we were sleeping when he brought our champagne and the second time while I was in the bathroom!

I usually just deconstruct the towel animal each night and use it to tie the doorknob of the entrance and the bathroom together. That keeps the attendants out.... unless they're already under the bed :eek:

While this does keep the attendants out, it was ineffective at keeping the zombies from getting in to our stateroom.

-germ

If they cant get the door open, then they will climb over onto your balcony and come in that way, so you are going to want to make sure your neighbors lock their doors as well, and now that I think of it, your neighbors will want to make sure their neighbors lock their doors too. Hmmm, seems like a lot of work to keep the room attendant out.

Mike

forget the zombies & stateroom attendants...I'd like to keep my kid from comin' by the cabin during the afternoon ;)

Just peel off the placard outside the cabin with your room number on it and move it down the hall. Your kid will be trying his SeaPass in someone else's door long enough for you to do whatever you're up to ;)

I take it the cabins don't have a chain or bar like a hotel?

No, they don't but they have the secondary lock like most hotel doors and as such the key will not open the door if that is used. Sort of like a dead bolt lock.

Susan :)

I don't know about the steward's key, but a normal key won't unlock the cabin door if the twist-lock is engaged. There must be a way to override the twist-lock, but I thought security had to do it. If you put the do not disturb sign in the lock, the steward will normally not bother you.

BTW, for anyone interested, the HC cabins on Radiance class ships do not have the twist-locks. If you don't put the do not disturb sign out, the steward may come in with very little notice.

I usually just deconstruct the towel animal each night and use it to tie the doorknob of the entrance and the bathroom together. That keeps the attendants out.... unless they're already under the bed :eek:

Hope you don't smoke in bed...you'd have just locked yourself in...:eek:

OP, the latch will definietly will keep them from doing more than just opening a couple inches...of course the deadbolt should help keep them out completely.

My last cruise I wanted to have an early night and put the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on the door around 7:00pm. They still knocked on my door repeatedly around 8:00pm while I shouted from the bed "I'M TRYING TO SLEEP!!!!!". They kept knocking so I shouted "GO AWAY!!!!!!!". That did the trick finally. But just a point that those 'DO NOT DISTURB" and "PLEASE MAKE UP MY ROOM NOW" signs mean nothing. I had the "MAKE UP MY ROOM SIGN" one day from 8am-1pm and the room still wasn't made. I had to go complain.

Archived