Last Cruise to Mexico please turn out the lights

Kruisenut

Ahhh, Katherine, that sounds positively WONDERFUL! :D

And a suite all to yourself! MMMMMMMMMM......

(does it sound like I am bombarded with people in my house?:eek:)

You can do what you want, when you want.

And, you can always eat with us if you don't want to dine alone......

Sounds great. Can you email me? K

(sdcruiser00 at gmail dot com)

....before Mexico is off limits to all cruise ships, as the risk of local narco terrorism becomes greater every day. Imagine the ramifications of just one attack on a cruise ship in a Mexican port. Heck, just shots fired at the ship while there. It would be elbows and you-know-what-holes everywhere, with all ships heading to sea as fast as they could cut the anchor lines and fire up the turbines.

Now, before I get branded as a hatemonger, I want to say that the majority of the Mexican people are good hard working folk just trying to get by. My dad traveled extensively there in the 90's while working in Mexico City and loved the people. Secondly, we Americans are mostly responsible for the mess. The drug cartels would not be running amok killing everyone in sight if we Americans didn't insist on living with a cocaine spoon up our noses.

Unfortunately, facts is facts. It will take years for the Mexican government to get a grip on this problem, so say goodbye forever when you leave....

Ahhh, Katherine, that sounds positively WONDERFUL! :D

And a suite all to yourself! MMMMMMMMMM......

(does it sound like I am bombarded with people in my house?:eek:)

You can do what you want, when you want.

And, you can always eat with us if you don't want to dine alone......

Sounds great. Can you email me? K

(sdcruiser00 at gmail dot com)

OMG...I saw a "Princess" post and had to drop in and then found Katherine and a new puppy avatar...how is the newest member of your family..... wasn't your puppy's name Ginger? Still a cutie....

So is it true we all might be sailing together again...

L:)ri

OMG...I saw a "Princess" post and had to drop in and then found Katherine and a new puppy avatar...how is the newest member of your family..... wasn't your puppy's name Ginger? Still a cutie....

So is it true we all might be sailing together again...

L:)ri

Hi Lori! Yes, I changed the Coastal sailing from Sept 24 to your Oct 1st sailing! Thank goodness for Princess and their unique itiniaries.

Email me and we can chat! Ginger is doing okay, although don't ask me about potty training... :rolleyes:

Katherine

....before Mexico is off limits to all cruise ships, as the risk of local narco terrorism becomes greater every day. Imagine the ramifications of just one attack on a cruise ship in a Mexican port. Heck, just shots fired at the ship while there. It would be elbows and you-know-what-holes everywhere, with all ships heading to sea as fast as they could cut the anchor lines and fire up the turbines.

Now, before I get branded as a hatemonger, I want to say that the majority of the Mexican people are good hard working folk just trying to get by. My dad traveled extensively there in the 90's while working in Mexico City and loved the people. Secondly, we Americans are mostly responsible for the mess. The drug cartels would not be running amok killing everyone in sight if we Americans didn't insist on living with a cocaine spoon up our noses.

Well, doesn't the fault lie with the Mexican government who won't do anything about it? Blaming America for all of Mexico's wrong-doings isn't going to solve a thing. Lots of Mexicans are doing dope too, not just

the Americanos.

From CC Front Page:

(12:30 p.m. EST) -- A number of cruise lines, including Carnival and NCL, have resumed calls to Mazatlan this week, after canceling last week's scheduled stops due to reports of increased violence in the area.

Both Carnival Spirit and Norwegian Star called in Mazatlan yesterday and Holland America's Oosterdam and Azamara Journey are calling there today.

Right. The next Princess cruise scheduled for Mazatlan is February 16th and they are taking a "wait and see" attitude. Chances are that they will stop with no itinerary change. I hope no one changed their cruise plans or canceled based on an unsubstantiated rumor.

Pam, when I heard about Princess canceling all MR sailings after April it was two weeks prior to the Mazatlan port cancelations. I think everyone realizes this will be a wait and see situation, I have not canceled my 2012 Sapphire MR sailing and why would I. We have however started looking into some other options. If anything else there has been some interesting posts and we all need to be prepared for any sudden changes that no one can predict.

Archived