Thessaloniki

FTG

I don't think any of the major cruise lines stops there. Your best bet would be the smaller Greek cruise lines. Check with one of the Greek travel agencies, such as Dolphin-Hellas, to see what's available, or for a land tour before or after another cruise. http://www.dolphin-hellas.gr/ (This is a very reputable agency which we have used in the past with excellent service.)

We started and finished our cruises in Thessaloniki in 2007,2008 and 2009, as well as having a mid-cruise change round day there each time. Just in those 3 years we saw lots of development in the city and really enjoyed exploring it. Unfortunately the line (Thomson cruises) no longer go from there.

I had a quick look and only found 2 lines calling there this year- Swan Hellenic, with a cruise that calls there in September, and Aida, a German cruise line, that calls there at least twice during the summer. hope you find something,

kate

• 3 years later...
Thank you kate52. Thessaloniki is a beautiful city. Its a shame more curise lines don't stop there but I will check out your suggestions!

Prinsendam is stopping there in October this year. Would you stay in the city or do a tour for the Alexander the great sights please?

• 8 months later...