What Do You Think is the Most Deluxe......

sail7seas

We're celebrating something very special and are thinking of a Caribbean resort vacation interspersed with our usual wonderful cruises. We're debating whether to celebrate in Aruba and would love to know what people here think are the few best, nicest, most deluxe hotel/resorts. We're willing to be extravagant and splurge as this is a special event for us.

Years ago we stayed at The Hyatt and enjoyed it very much but have no idea if it is still nice or what might be newer and/or nicer.

Long before we started cruising, we did many Caribbean resort vacations and are thinking of doing one again.

Thank you so much if you can help. I can read Trip Advisor etc but I really trust what many cruisers say.

Our very favorite place to stay in Aruba is the Bucuti, but we love the low rise district. After Easter, they will be renovating all the rooms, but I can't honestly say I consider the Bucuti to be the height of luxury. Everything else though makes up for it.

For what you are looking for I would suggest an oceanfront Tara suite at the Bucuti or, if you want to be in the center of the action, a suite at the Hyatt. A suite at the Hyatt is about the only way you will have a balcony. The step out balconies on the Hyatt's rooms are are a real deal breaker for many. Another suggestion is a Tradewinds club room at the Marriott, though imo, their beach gets extremely crowded.

If you can wait, there will also be a new Ritz Carlton in a few years.

Thanks so much for mentioning the balconies. I had forgotten and now my memory has been jogged how happy we were to have the Hyatt balcony. That is a deal breaker for me. I really want one if we are at a luxury resort at the seaside, I want the balcony. You did me a huge favor to remember to verify about having one. :)

I wish the Ritz were open now but perhaps we'll be able to return in a few years. Our celebration is this summer.

I am going to research Bucuti. I have never heard of it before so happy for the recommendations.

Thank you.

Archived