Miami Restaurant

Jancruz

Last year we were in Miami and went to a fabulous restaurant that was in Miami proper and had stone crabs. The restaurant was in a big building and situated next to the swimming pool and bar. They had a cold seafood table where you walked up and selected what seafood you wanted and paid there..they also had a menu and I remember having wonderful popcorn shrimp. I cant for the life of me remember the name of this restaurant can anyone out there help me??

Thanks in advance..

Jancruz1

Last year we were in Miami and went to a fabulous restaurant that was in Miami proper and had stone crabs. The restaurant was in a big building and situated next to the swimming pool and bar. They had a cold seafood table where you walked up and selected what seafood you wanted and paid there..they also had a menu and I remember having wonderful popcorn shrimp. I cant for the life of me remember the name of this restaurant can anyone out there help me??

Thanks in advance..

Jancruz1

Joe's seafood maybe?

Thanks Paul, definitely not Joes Stone Crabs as they were triple the price of this restaurant

Thanks for trying..

Jancruz1

Not to mention their attitude :mad:

Would like to find out which one it was as we'll be in Miami in March and we love stone crabs.

Paul

Jancruz1, are you referring to Monty's which is on the Southwest end of Miami Beach?

In my online search for a good place for stone crab in Miami, I came across La Camaronera Restaurant & Fish Market. Yelpers seem to rave about their seafood including stone crab and fried shrimp! http://www.yelp.com/biz/la-camaronera-restaurant-and-fish-market-miami

Happy eating! :)

Linda & Gary

Thanks in advance..

Jancruz1

Jan-

I believe that you're looking for Area 31 in the Epic Hotel, over on Brickell Avenue:

epic-hotel-miami6.jpg

http://www.area31restaurant.com/miami-pool-bar.php

epic-hotel-miami4.jpg

They serve a Mediterranean-style

crudo menu including stone crab, yellowfin tuna,

and Key West pink popcorn shrimp, plus grilled seasonal

selections like Spanish mackerel, mangrove snapper,

cuttlefish, wahoo, and spiny lobster.

270 Biscayne Blvd Way, 18th Fl, Miami; 305.424.5234

Overlooking Brickell Avenue and the Miami

River from the 18th floor of the Epic Hotel in

Miami The restaurant’s

name comes from the UN’s designation for the

economically sustainable fishing waters from Georgia

to the northern tip of Brazil.

Jan-

I believe that you're looking for Area 31 in the Epic Hotel, over on Brickell Avenue:

epic-hotel-miami6.jpg

http://www.area31restaurant.com/miami-pool-bar.php

epic-hotel-miami4.jpg

They serve a Mediterranean-style

crudo menu including stone crab, yellowfin tuna,

and Key West pink popcorn shrimp, plus grilled seasonal

selections like Spanish mackerel, mangrove snapper,

cuttlefish, wahoo, and spiny lobster.

270 Biscayne Blvd Way, 18th Fl, Miami; 305.424.5234

Overlooking Brickell Avenue and the Miami

River from the 18th floor of the Epic Hotel in

Miami The restaurant’s

name comes from the UN’s designation for the

economically sustainable fishing waters from Georgia

to the northern tip of Brazil.

Thanks for trying but the place I am looking for was on the ground floor and had Palapa looking umbrellas and was very casual..

I will try to call the Intercontinental (where we are staying) and see if the concierge knows what restaurant I am looking for..

What hotel are you at??

Jancruz1

Thanks for trying but the place I am looking for was on the ground floor and had Palapa looking umbrellas and was very casual..

I will try to call the Intercontinental (where we are staying) and see if the concierge knows what restaurant I am looking for..

What hotel are you at??

Jancruz1

Jan,

Are you thinking of Monty's in Coconut Grove? IT is right on the bay but does have an outdoor eating area with umbrellas. At least it did the last time we were there.

Glen

Jan,

Are you thinking of Monty's in Coconut Grove? IT is right on the bay but does have an outdoor eating area with umbrellas. At least it did the last time we were there.

Glen

It might be Montys at least thats the one I will probably go to this time..I will let you all know..thanks for the help

Jancruz1

It might be Montys at least thats the one I will probably go to this time..I will let you all know..thanks for the help

Jancruz1

I just looked it up on google and there are some trip advisor ratings that are not very favorable. When we lived in Miami, it was pretty good.

See you on the ship.

Glen

while on Miami restaurant topic..anyone gone to Meat Market ( yes that's the name ;-)

Meat Market is one of those restaurants that has all the right ingredients to be spectacular, and on a weekday night in the off season, it usually is.

Unfortunately, with any kind of a full dining room, the service plummets and the room becomes uncomfortably loud.

At these prices (it's very easy to drop $500 for two), the management needs to provide a more consistent experience, and to control the capacity of the room to keep it comfortable.

If you do decide to chance it, get there early even with a reservation, and have a backup plan in mind in case you sense that they are having one of their "bad nights".

I wish I could be more encouraging.

I just looked it up on google and there are some trip advisor ratings that are not very favorable. When we lived in Miami, it was pretty good.

See you on the ship.

Glen

I have this feeling we might be too tired to eat dinner out Saturday night (after all this)..we leave Palm Springs 6:30am on the 4th and connect in Dallas and dont get into Miami until 6pm at night.

Being a "senior" is somtimes really a pain in the "you know what" Please look us up on the ship!! Just ask Bruno the concierge and he will know where we are as I am still waiting for my stateroom..

Jancruz1

We are staying at the Mandarin Oriental on Brickell Ave. Do you have any idea how far that is from the pier where we board the ship. We are not familiar with Miami at all. Our daughter, Kelli, booked us into this hotel--she gets a great corporate rate there.

We are staying at the Mandarin Oriental on Brickell Ave. Do you have any idea how far that is from the pier where we board the ship. We are not familiar with Miami at all. Our daughter, Kelli, booked us into this hotel--she gets a great corporate rate there.

This is not Stan or Jim, but I was born and lived most of my entire life in Miami. The Mandarin Oriental is just South over the bridge that goes across the Miami River. In good traffic you are probably 7 or 8 minutes by car from the port. Unless you want a "good" walk and I mean a "good" walk I would take a taxi.

The Intercontinental is just North of the Miami River bridge at the end of Bayfront Park.

Mom C-

As the crow flies. you're actually quite close to the Port; but in a car, Google Maps calls it 5 miles and about a twenty minute cab ride.

Hotel Hint: While checking in, you may want to explain that your cruise ship will be docking for the first time ever in the United States at Berth J (for Jim ;)) and ask for a room with a view to that part of the port.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGCXHcjxnQ10aAJHJ3CWAftgQzPRNiEcYHI9vluKtQ2AZZEqyrIoZAwMCBIronically, you can usually pick out Berth J from a distance by looking for the Royal Caribbean Building that adjoins it. Look for their logo

bs~rci.gif

When we last sailed out of Miami, a few of the hardier Cruise Critics met for a drink at the Mandarin Oriental, got talking to the manager, and wound up inspecting one of their harbor view suites (from the balcony of which, we "blessed" the good ship Regatta).

They are very "cruise friendly" over there ;)

Thanks for the heads up about the "cruise friendly" Mandarin Oriental. We will, indeed, ask for a room with a view of the cruise harbor. We have already told them that we are celebrating our 35th anniversary on this trip.

Mom C

Archived