Category Q on Oasis/Allure

• 3 weeks later...
We are thinking of booking category Q cabins on the Oasis and I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with this category. Was the difference in room size noticeable? Would you book this category again? Do you have any pictures to share?

Thanks!

I have booked category Q cabins on deck 11 by the library (I'd better not hear any noises from there!;)).

I have the same questions as you.

149 sq ft... I WILL have to move the coffee table into the cabin closet!

• 1 month later...
We are thinking of booking category Q cabins on the Oasis and I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with this category. Was the difference in room size noticeable? Would you book this category again? Do you have any pictures to share?

Thanks!

We have used category Q many times, but no pictures to share as the camera wouldn't fit in the room...just kidding.

We always book the smallest room, but I'd strongly suggest getting with your room steward, and have them seperate the beds, with one on each wall. The aisle in the middle really opens up the room and gives you much more room to maneuver.

I'm not booked into one of these rooms, but I would also love to see pics from these cabins.

Another note, on the RCCL website, they only give the 360 degree virtual tour for Q, and not L, N, or M. Is the 360 tour actually of Q, or is it actually of L, N, and M. There HAS to be SOME kind of a difference.

It's my understanding that all the inside cabins are the same size, with the exception of the promenade cabins. Not sure about Oasis/Allure. The different Categories within the inside has to do with location. So a Cat Q is the same size as a Cat M, N, L. It's just different locations on ship.

I've usually always do an inside. And separating the beds does make for a nice walkway between the beds and seems to open the room up a bit more. And if they'd just get rid of the coffee table, it would be great.

I'll be interested to know if there are different size inside cabins.

• 1 month later...
It's my understanding that all the inside cabins are the same size, with the exception of the promenade cabins. Not sure about Oasis/Allure. The different Categories within the inside has to do with location. So a Cat Q is the same size as a Cat M, N, L. It's just different locations on ship.

I've usually always do an inside. And separating the beds does make for a nice walkway between the beds and seems to open the room up a bit more. And if they'd just get rid of the coffee table, it would be great.

I'll be interested to know if there are different size inside cabins.

All information I've seen says category Q is only 149 sq ft compared to L. M & N's 172 sq ft.

On Oasis and Allure, the cat Q is a little smaller

Looks like it. Some people are asking for pictures of category Q because if you look it up online, it shows the same picture as category L, M & N. The (online) brochure for the Oasis & Allure shows a layout with the beds against the far wall (opposite the door).

1037378389_Interior_CatQ.jpg.0df756ef9a9be467c22dd4606fed8210.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This Oasis cabin in a picture from a passenger looks like it may be a Category Q. It doesn't look like the 172 sq ft interior layout.

At first glance I thought it was the same cabin I had on Independence and Freedom, but it's definitely an Oasis cabin, what with that specific wall mural and the small oval table of the ship.

What do you think?:

1913237724_PossiblecategoryQ_2.jpg.b59540f3d7ca456b0ba5908b348a342f.jpg

The doors to the cabins I've been in on the Oasis and Allure open outward, into a recessed area off the hallway. Are the inside cabins different (opening inward), or is this not an Oasis cabin?

That's the bathroom door in the picture, not the cabin door. I had the same though too! Then I noticed that there was no SeaPass card slot and no cabin number :o. That's a tripping hazard warning on the door.

• 8 months later...

We stayed in cabin 8116 on Allure. This is the most forward cabin on the deck and is a Cat Q. We didn't find it much different from other cabins (I don't know where the 25 sq feet is lost?). We did miss the balcony, but wanted to save some $$.

As for staying this far forward....don't. It was a long walk. Also, we were next to the door where the crew came out with room service, etc. It was noisy from 7-9am daily and again in the evening. There was also alot of noise when docking. Between 11pm and 7am though--dead quiet.

Archived