FLL Early Arrival

casoxfan

So we'll be arriving at FLL pretty early (6 am) the day of our cruise (which doesn't leave until 5). Any suggestions on what we could do in the morning (obviously we won't have any transportation and we'll be dragging luggage with us...).

So we'll be arriving at FLL pretty early (6 am) the day of our cruise (which doesn't leave until 5). Any suggestions on what we could do in the morning (obviously we won't have any transportation and we'll be dragging luggage with us...).

If it was me and I came in on the red eye from CA. I would retrieve my luggage and find a place to plant myself for a while right in the airport. Rest a bit and maybe eat a lite breakfast. Around 10:30 or 11 i`d grab a cab and head for the ship. There`s really not enough time to get a day room or go sight seeing in a rental car.

You should be able to start the check in process at the pier around 11am .

^ Agreed. There are lots of threads on "early arrival" on embarkation day; you can read them. The general concensus is, mine included, is to exactly what mudscraper suggests. Check in can start as ealy as 10:30 or so, and boarding will generally begin after the last guests have disembarked, usually at least by 11:30 am. You can be enjoying lunch in the buffet by noon!

The first day onboard is a day you've paid for, so our plan is always to go early, board as soon as possible, and start checking things out!

By the time you get off the plane & collect your bags it will be closer to 7:00 - I'd catch a shuttle to one of the larger hotels, ask them to store my bags, and enjoy a long and relaxing breakfast. Collect your bags and grab a cab after 10:00 and you should be among the early birds to get on the ship. Good luck! :)

Since you are arriving on a Friday you might be able to rent a car at the weekend rate. I'm in Ft Lauderdale right now and I rented a midsize car from Alamo yesterday at FLL and we are dropping it at MIA for $27 inclusive of all taxes. We're going to do a 4 day on the NCL Sky and we get back on Friday so I rented at Alamo at MIA for 4 days for less than $17 per day before taxes.

If you did rent a car then I would bother to get to the ship until after 2:00 so you could enjoy Ft Lauderdale.

By the time you get off the plane & collect your bags it will be closer to 7:00 - I'd catch a shuttle to one of the larger hotels, ask them to store my bags, and enjoy a long and relaxing breakfast. Collect your bags and grab a cab after 10:00 and you should be among the early birds to get on the ship. Good luck! :)

I like this idea. Rather than hang in the airport as I suggested. A quick shuttle ride (give the driver a few bucks) and have that breakfast in a much nicer setting. Before you know it you`re in the cab (or maybe the same free shuttle) to the pier.

Hotels will hold your bags even if you aren't staying there?

From what I've looked at the FLL airport, there don't seem to be any particularly great food options there - anyone who knows the airport better that can make a reccommendation for a long leisurely breakfast outside security?

At a larger, nicer hotel the bellman will happily hold your bags - tip appropriately. Many hotel restaurants will also allow you to line your bags up out of the way while you dine. Try Marriott, Hyatt, or Hilton. Good luck! :)

Archived