Hours for WJ on Independence

Can anyone tell me the opening hours of WJ ? Just read on a review about lunch finishing at 2.30, from being on voyager and navigator I thought it was later than that.

thanks

Don't quote me on this but from memory the lunch begins at 11:30 and ends at 3:00 then reopens for Afternoon Tea at 3:30 until 5:00 and reopens at 6:00/6:30 for Dinner until about 10:00.

2:30 does seem a little earlier than any time I've been on Inde' (4 times).

It opens around 6:30 AM and full breakfast starts at 7AM. It is then open continually until around 5 PM. Even if lunch technicalled finishes at 2:30 the Windjammer is open with food available until around 5PM. It then closes for about an hour to prepare for dinner.

From Independence, Cruise Compass, Monday 24th January 2011

Breakfast 7.00am to 10.45am

Windjammer doors closed at 10.45am

Lunch Noon to 2.30pm

Windjammer doors closed at 2.30pm

Afternoon snacks 3.30pm to 5.00pm

Dinner 6.30pm to 9.00pm

Sorrento's 11.30am to 3.00am

Cafe Promenade 24 hours

Richard

Thanks everyone for the replies

From Independence, Cruise Compass, Monday 24th January 2011

Breakfast 7.00am to 10.45am

Windjammer doors closed at 10.45am

Lunch Noon to 2.30pm

Windjammer doors closed at 2.30pm

Afternoon snacks 3.30pm to 5.00pm

Dinner 6.30pm to 9.00pm

Sorrento's 11.30am to 3.00am

Cafe Promenade 24 hours

Richard

Thanks Richard

Are you sure of the "doors closed" bit?

We were on Indy in Dec / Jan and never saw doors closed during those times. I came for breakfast after 10.45 (don't ask;) ), and all that happens is the food selection changes. You get sent round one particular side of the restaurant as they change over from say, lunch, to afternoon tea, but within the afternoon tea selection there are still burgers and other lunch type foodstuffs.

The only time they physically close as far as I'm aware is for the hour or so prior to dinner at night.

Henry :)

To the best of my recollection, Henry is correct.

However, of course the Promenade Cafe and Sorrentos are open I think. I believe the pies and pasties are excellent in Sorrento. We also had superb mince pies there over Christmas:p

We were on Indy in Dec / Jan and never saw doors closed during those times. I came for breakfast after 10.45 (don't ask;) ), and all that happens is the food selection changes. You get sent round one particular side of the restaurant as they change over from say, lunch, to afternoon tea, but within the afternoon tea selection there are still burgers and other lunch type foodstuffs.

The only time they physically close as far as I'm aware is for the hour or so prior to dinner at night.

Henry is correct..the only time they physically "close" all doors is approx 4:30pm to 6:00pm to get ready for dinner..and of course at around 9:00pm after dinner..They rotate sides of the WJ they are using and doors..but they never completely "close" from 6:30am-4:30pm.....

That is also what we found.

Henry is correct..the only time they physically "close" all doors is approx 4:30pm to 6:00pm to get ready for dinner..and of course at around 9:00pm after dinner..They rotate sides of the WJ they are using and doors..but they never completely "close" from 6:30am-4:30pm.....

My bad:eek:, I meant "6:30" not 6:00pm....Whew..don't want anyone lining up early based on my incorrect chow time !!!!;)

Archived