Awwww, darn!!!!

GreenZolie

I NEVER answer my phone if I don't recognize the number, but I just got a call that showed it was coming from Florida and so I answered, thinking it might be an offer for a balcony room!

Alas, it wasn't. Drat! It was only some financial institution wanting to save me 20% on my credit cards. I politely declined. Drat again!

I NEVER answer my phone if I don't recognize the number, but I just got a call that showed it was coming from Florida and so I answered, thinking it might be an offer for a balcony room!

Alas, it wasn't. Drat! It was only some financial institution wanting to save me 20% on my credit cards. I politely declined. Drat again!

Yesterday I also got a call from Florida and it did turn out to be from the Carnival upgrade fairy.

We went from a inside 4E to a 8E aft balcony. I always wanted to try one of those rooms but they were always too expensive. Now we finally got the chance to try out one of the extended balcony cabins for a great price.

My DW doesn't know we got the upgrade, so it will be a surprise for her when we go to our cabin after we board. We've sailed on the Ecstasy several times and alway stay in the empress desk mid-ship, so she knows where our cabins are usually located.

I can hear it now, "we're going the wrong way, our cabin is on the Empress deck, not the Upper deck." It's going to be a great surprise for her. :D

Good for you!!!!!!!!! And what a nice surprise for your DW!
We had a balcony cabin once before and she really enjoyed the balcony.

I wanted to tell her about the upgrade before we leave for Galveston, but figure the surprise factor of her finding out we're not in our usual inside cabin will be worth the wait.

We had a balcony cabin once before and she really enjoyed the balcony.

I wanted to tell her about the upgrade before we leave for Galveston, but figure the surprise factor of her finding out we're not in our usual inside cabin will be worth the wait.

Good thing you only have 3 more days before your cruise.....I would have a hard time keeping that to myself...but it will be worth the wait to see her face when you show her to your new room.....hopefully she doesn't hear them say it at check in. We had an aft balcony on a couple of cruises....LOVED IT!!!

Good thing you only have 3 more days before your cruise.....I would have a hard time keeping that to myself...but it will be worth the wait to see her face when you show her to your new room.....hopefully she doesn't hear them say it at check in. We had an aft balcony on a couple of cruises....LOVED IT!!!
Yep, it's hard not telling her now, but it will be so worth it when we're on board. I don't think she'll notice during check-in. She leaves all the details of the cruise to me anyway. She might wonder why the cabin is not E109, but as long as they don't mention balcony I think I'll still be able to surprise her.

If she mentions the cabin number, I'll just tell her "Sometimes they move people around, and it's no big deal since you keep the same category cabin. :D

That's going to be an awesome surprise. But....this may also backfire on you....she may expect an aft balcony for EVERY cruise from here on out!
Then she'll be surprised again on our next cruise when we get our usual inside cabin. :D

We have had one other balcony cabin on another cruise. It was nice, but for us we didn't think it was worth the extra cost over the price of a inside cabin. We would sooner cruise more often in a inside cabin then cruise in balcony only cabins.

save you 20% of what...your interest rate? your balance?

I answer all calls as one never knows when the caller could be a hospital EMT's cell phone number calling to say they just brought your spouse to the hospital...knew someone that happened to and they ignored the call 3 times:eek:

as for the credit card folks or anyone else trying to scam..I mean sell:rolleyes: you something on the phone...I just tell them we have just gone into bankruptcy.....works better than saying no thanks, I am not interested...becasue they have a scripted answer for that kind of reply:D

My answer just stuns them into silence!! Works all the time. And yes, I am very grateful that I am not in bankruptcy.

save you 20% of what...your interest rate? your balance?

She said off my interest rate. I don't know - I didn't listen to the whole spiel long enough to get any more details. I did ask if it was a transfer balance to another credit card, and she said no. Then she said she was new there and was going to transfer me to someone with "more knowledge". That's when I politely declined and hung up.

She said off my interest rate. I don't know - I didn't listen to the whole spiel long enough to get any more details. I did ask if it was a transfer balance to another credit card, and she said no. Then she said she was new there and was going to transfer me to someone with "more knowledge". That's when I politely declined and hung up.

too bad..20% off your interest rate in practically nothing...I have found that with my own cards that I use regularly for the points and pay off the balances...that even if you pay off the balances promptly that it may pay to call them and simply ask for them to reduce your interest rate...I believe I got a 2% reduction from 16% down to 14% once that way.

Don't you love it when they leave a message and say they are calling about your bank accounts...but there is nothing to worry about...LOL

I just let the tape pick up these days and I only answer if I want to talk to whomever is calling...especially if I don't recognize the number...and if I do pick up on a sales call by mistake...you should hear how poor my English becomes...:D

Archived