Breakfast on the Balcony

Mr. Luckytoo

Where do you prefer to eat breakfast? (multiple choices allowed)  

395 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you prefer to eat breakfast? (multiple choices allowed)

• On our balcony of course!
    • Off to the buffet...
    • I like the MDR for breakfast
    • I prefer Blu (only for AQ guests)
    • Breakfast? Who eats breakfast any more...

nothing like a fresh brewed pot of coffee and some type of muffin enjoyed in bed. We enjoy this treat almost daily, and then head up to the buffet to round out the meal with fruit and whatnot.

We will be leaving 3/26/11 for a 14 night ultimate Caribbean cruise on Constellation and we will try the MDR for a nice breakfast. We've only eaten in the MDR for breakfast on Disembarkation day so we can linger and let all the crowds get off the ship before us as we head for a hotel and not the airport!

Everyone Enjoy!!!!

yes, you can order room service and have it delivered at whatever time you want. We had room service every morning - most mornings just lots of coffee/juice - then after we enjoyed that we got ready for the day and headed up to the restaurant for a real breakfast meal. So luxurious!!

Ahhh breakfast on your balcony is pure bliss. Nothing more relaxing.

We loved the extended menu in Concierge Class.

But we have said on our next two cruises we will venture out and try other places.

Simone :)

What are the extended menu items that you love? An example or two would be great!

What are the extended menu items that you love? An example or two would be great!

Well for me it was the Granola Berry Parfait, French Toast Finger with Marmalade Butter and the Omega 3 Smoothie with soy milk.

We were on the Summit last March so I don't know if its still the same now.

It was also my first cruise so you can imagine how giddy I was with excitement with the whole experience.

Simone :)

We're booked for an upcoming Solstice cruise and the DW reminded me that we should just relax and have breakfast on the balcony - especially since there is an expanded room service menu for AQ.

Just curious how many other cruisers like to have breakfast on their balcony's vs. buffet, vs. MDR vs. Aquaclass?

I was surprised when we had our balcony last year that I had planned on eating breakfast out there every day. You know we didnt eat on it once lol. It was nice however for an evening cocktail and watching as we came into and left Bermuda.

I have my fingers crossed this time that the price of the balconies will drop again because we have a stinky old inside room right now and I want a balcony soooo bad!

Just got back from our first cruise on the Solstice and we had an sunset balcony. We had a pot of coffee, fresh fruit and chilled juice delivered every morning to our room.

Fillled out the request card the night before after our return from some sort of event. Left it on the door handle and voila.

Instant wake up call and breaky on the balcony in your robes. Heaven.

Workout (skipped a few), shower, dress and head to whatever our hearts desire. More breaky or whatever.

Now that is vacation.

I didn't know that they served breakfast at Michael's Pub...is that only for certain class cabins? And can anyone tell me what the Elite breakfast is about?

We are booked in the conceige class room and I know they have the expanded breakfast options in the room...but I'd like to know our other choices.

Thanks

We prefer the buffet for sea days and days where we don't have to get up early for a shore excursion. On days where we have something planned early, we will order room service. We used to go to the MDR at least once during the cruise for breakfast so my husband could get his eggs benedict, but on the last couple of cruises we've been on they had a poached eggs station in the buffet and he was able to get his eggs benedict there. No need to go to the MDR. In fact on our second to last cruise we ate one morning in the MDR just for a change and weren't happy with it. Some food was not very hot, slow service, coffee warm, etc. Now we just stick with the buffet or room service for breakfast.

[SIZE=3]Breakfast on the balcony is the best...especially if you are CC, smoothies, freshly squeezed OJ, actually anything you like. It's great on a port day, without having to rush out for bkfst. Get your wakeup call that breakfast is on the way, relax in a bathrobe eating and drinking that first cup of coffee, while watching the ship sail into port. Quick shower, change and off the ship....heaven![/SIZE]

Everyday we order coffee for 4 each morning, decaf and regular along with fruit and yogurt. There are only 2 of us but enjoy having plenty. We use the room service as our wake up call depending on what we are doing that day. It was quite early on the Med cruise. We never go up to eat until we are up for at least an hour or longer relaxing on the balcony. It is heavenly!!!

Ahhh, coffee, juice, and perhaps a pastry in bed with the balcony doors open to the sea breezes - HEAVEN! Depending on plans for the day, sometimes we order for 6 a.m.; others for 7 - 7:30 a.m. Then usually off to the buffet for some eggs, waffles, or European breakfast. Does it get any better????

[quote name='Bundles917']One hasn't lived until they've enjoyed orange-buttered waffles while watching the sea waft by early morning.

[IMG]http://answersforactors.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/dsc01401.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

[B][COLOR=darkred]Wow! That picture makes me hungry. :)[/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='Mr. Luckytoo']We're booked for an upcoming Solstice cruise and the DW reminded me that we should just relax and have breakfast on the balcony - especially since there is an expanded room service menu for AQ.

Just curious how many other cruisers like to have breakfast on their balcony's vs. buffet, vs. MDR vs. Aquaclass?[/quote]
We absolutely love breakfast at Blu. Everything is hot and fabulous. The balcony is also good if we have an early excursion.

Since you are traveling Aqua class give Blu a try.

[quote name='TRIPACIAN']We absolutely love breakfast at Blu. Everything is hot and fabulous. The balcony is also good if we have an early excursion.

Since you are traveling Aqua class give Blu a try.[/quote]Maybe later on, but not for early morning breakfast. Going to Blu for breakfast requires getting dressed first and making the effort to look at least presentable enough not to frighten other people early in the morning. :)

Exactly!!! The best part about having coffee and fruit on the balcony is having it in those fluffy robes! I can't wait, August 7th is not that far away, at least that's what my DH keeps telling me.

Archived