Breakfast on the Balcony

Mr. Luckytoo

Where do you prefer to eat breakfast? (multiple choices allowed)  

395 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you prefer to eat breakfast? (multiple choices allowed)

• On our balcony of course!
    • Off to the buffet...
    • I like the MDR for breakfast
    • I prefer Blu (only for AQ guests)
    • Breakfast? Who eats breakfast any more...

We're booked for an upcoming Solstice cruise and the DW reminded me that we should just relax and have breakfast on the balcony - especially since there is an expanded room service menu for AQ.

Just curious how many other cruisers like to have breakfast on their balcony's vs. buffet, vs. MDR vs. Aquaclass?

I like to mix it up; breakfast on the balcony is nice at times, but Blu has some good items not available via room service (i.e. tableside mueseli) and the buffet has such a large variety of offerings that it is nice to try as well. For a light breakfast we have also gone to Cafe al Bacio for a croissant and fancy coffee drink.

I like to run up to the buffet and get us coffee and fruit, enjoy it on the balcony while waking up fully, then go up and enjoy some eggs, a waffle or cereal. I received many comments about what a great idea our thermal cups were.

As we are all aware, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. My wife does not eat a full breakfast: hence, for me, after about 45 minutes exercise on our balcony, it is off to Michael's for a bloody mary, with a lox and bagel, sans bagel, and then to Blu for a nice breakfast. By this time, I will have consumed 9 points, which is the maximum suggested, but before days end the total will be between 12-15.

I voted for the buffet because if we're not in a rush we prefer that.

We eat breakfast on the balcony whenever we're on a schedule that requires an early breakfast - such as an excursion that leaves shortly after we got to port.

But if it is a sea day or a port day where we're not getting off the ship first thing then we won't usually order breakfast in advance and our experiance is that if you phone breakfast in at the last minute it can sometimes take quite a while. In those cases we will have cofee on the balcony and then head up to the buffet for breakfast.

The other issue we've had is that the quality of the hot breakfasts from room service are a bit mixed. A good percentage of the time the eggs and toast aren't quite as hot and fresh as we like, So when we do have breakfast on the veranda we tend to stick with items like cereal, yogurt and fruit.

The only cruise we ate on the veranda almost every morning was the one time we were in a sky suite. Our butler provided a huge improvement in room service delivery and quality over the standard room service and it was a real joy.

We were in a Concierge Class stateroom on the Solstice and took advantage of the larger table on the balcony to have breakfast. It was peaceful and the food was wonderful. Sometimes the quantities got mixed up, but we loved it.

I prefer being served in the dining room....I hate having to search for things like syrup, jam, butter, or wait in line for them while my food gets cold! In the dining room, everything is on the table right in front of you!

Even if you have to wait for your meal!;)

We loved having breakfast on our balcony, but it hardly ever arrived correctly. There was always something missing from our order, but it wasn't a big deal. It's not like we were going hungry.

However, we also enjoyed going to the dining room sometimes. It is nice to share a meal with others and make new friends. Plus the meal is hot and fresh.

Count us among those that "mix it up."

Our most common breakfast venue is the buffet area. But if we're on a longer cruise with more luxurious sea days and the time they allow, a nice balcony breakfast is good, too, as is an occasional MDR option.

And thanks to our aft stateroom location for the upcoming April-May 17-day cruise, we'll have the option of going up one deck to the buffet and bringing a breakfast back to enjoy in the stateroom.

Cruising is great for all the options!!

CM

You certainly can order a pot of coffee only - if that is what you want. Lots of people do that and then head out for a full breakfast.

As for us - we totally eat all our breakfasts on our balcony. We always sail CC for the extended breakfast menu and love the white tablecloth and the vase of flowers as they lay our breakfast on the table and we sit back and enjoy easing into another perfect day, in our housecoats, on our private balcony - a piece of heaven.

Because we enjoy our balcony breakfast we have yet to make it to the elite breakfast which we understand is also quite nice. Oh, well, maybe next sailing, or the sailing after, or........

Ruthk,

St. Catharines, Ontario,

Canada.

Mostly on the balcony, especially to enjoy a leisurely, relaxing breakfast in our bathrobes when the weather is nice and we are cruising through a scenic area.

We have a quick breakfast on the balcony to save time on the days when we have an early excursion. The room service delivery call serves as our wake up call.

A frequent exception is made to go up to the buffet when we want to enjoy Celebrity's famous Texed waffles.

Please consider your neighbors when enjoying your balcony breakfasts. We enjoy a balcony breakfast also but sometimes sleep in. It is very annoying to hear our next balcony mates making a racket with spoons and forks clanging against the plates and cups and speaking loudly.

Just my two cents worth.....:)

A frequent exception is made to go up to the buffet when we want to enjoy Celebrity's famous Texed waffles.

I do both. We order room service for coffee, juice, fruit, etc., and I go get a "few" waffles to bring back to the room. ;)

Breakfast on the balcony is best when you have an activity scheduled for 8:00am-9:00am and you would still like to "sleep in"!I rarely visit the main dining room for breakfast or lunch but rather look forward to the dinner dining experience.The pool deck or buffet are best for lunch while breakfast is best at the buffet on "non activity" days.This is my routine as I realize everyone has their own preferences.:)

Archived