Cruising on a low fat diet!!

jadzhea

Hi

I booked a Royal Carribean cruise last year ( going in April), and since then I have found out I have gallstones and need to have my gallbladder out....

I need to eat a really low fat diet, and wonder if I will struggle to eat on the cruise.. I am really upset...the food is the best bloody part!!! :(

Any advice from anyone, will they cater for me do you think?

Thanks

Will you have your surgery before you travel. I had the same surgery and found afterwards I could eat more or less everything. If not, and you still need to stick to low fat you should still be able to eat well. They always have low fat desserts and ice creams. Salads come without dressing. Have poached eggs rather than fried. Unfortunately I think pizza is out (all that cheese) and chips (yes I do mean chips, I'm a Brit as well). I hope you will still be able to have a good time.

Will you have your surgery before you travel. I had the same surgery and found afterwards I could eat more or less everything. If not, and you still need to stick to low fat you should still be able to eat well. They always have low fat desserts and ice creams. Salads come without dressing. Have poached eggs rather than fried. Unfortunately I think pizza is out (all that cheese) and chips (yes I do mean chips, I'm a Brit as well). I hope you will still be able to have a good time.

Hi,

No, surgery will be after cruise, to be honest dont really want it done, and I refused to have it before as it would have been end of March and cruise is 16th April.. and I was a bit worried about after effects of surgery (diarrheoa??)

Anyway, thanks for the advice, the low fat diet has done me a treat cos I've lost 4 stone :D

Most ships / cruise lines can cater for pretty much any dietary needs given some advance notice. I would suggest you contact them and explain. That way you will get proper meals cooked to meet your needs rather than having to work it out for yourself and maybe eating some "hidden" fats unknowingly.

Archived