ALLURE OF THE SEAS or oasis of the seas

ncb106

which ship is better the oasis or the allure

From everything I've read - they are identical with very few exceptions. The main difference (to my grandkids) is that the Allure is 5cm bigger than the Oasis - so she is literally the largest cruise ship in the world.

There is a Mexican restaurant and a Starbucks, 3D movie theater but I'm not sure what else may be different on the Allure. The Allure has 'Hair Spray' playing and the Oasis has 'Chicago'. Oh one tiny thing - for some unknown reason, the Allure isn't as expensive as the Oasis. Either way it will be a blast!

From everything I've read - they are identical with very few exceptions. The main difference (to my grandkids) is that the Allure is 5cm bigger than the Oasis - so she is literally the largest cruise ship in the world.

The Allure has 'Hair Spray' playing and the Oasis has 'Chicago'.

Oasis - Hairspray

Allure - Chicago

When we were deciding between Oasis and Allure for our cruise in a couple of weeks we looked at price, which one was doing which itinerary that week, and which cabins were available.

From research here I had also seen that Allure had made some changes that I personally felt were better for me and my family. Better outlets in staterooms, Starbucks, Mexican food, Brazilian Steakhouse, etc.

When booking, Allure was cheaper than Oasis the week we wanted, had the cabin we wanted so it was a no brainer!

• 1 month later...

For us – it comes down to the Allure Sunday departure vs the Oasis Saturday departure.

We like to arrive in Florida the day before departure. For the Allure we can arrive in Florida on Saturday, thus not missing a day of work on the week of departure. We return home the following Sunday and can easily make it to work Monday.

The Oasis requires 6 days off, the Allure, only 5

Can't go wrong with either.

M

Well I have been on both and I can say that they are both pretty much the exact same, but I did prefer the food (MDR) on the Allure be ship better than I did on the Oasis. Now I was on the Oasis last year in March, and I bet if I was to go back now, the food would be better. I think they have learned alot from the Oasis, to make things alittle better on the Allure this time around. I never ate at any of the pay restaurants other than Rita Cantinas, Johnny Rockets, and Seafood Shack), so I can't comment on those.

• 1 year later...

We did Oasis in May and loved it.

I would have rather gone on Allure, for the incredibly sophisticated reasons that I like hot dogs better than doughnuts and Chicago better than Hairspray.

But for our week Allure was 10% more expensive so I figured I'd make do with chocolate frosted instead of mustard and relish, and Tracy Turnblad instead of Roxie Hart.

Archived