Questions about boarding

Hello all, we just booked a cruise for feb 2012 out of San Juan on the Adventure. We will be flying to San Juan one day before the cruise and staying overnight. The info on the website says that the boat departs at 8:30pm. When we booked the lady from RC said that we can start boarding at around 5pm. When can we arrive to the port? I like to get there early and get on board rather than waiting in line to check in. The other thing is that we will probably have to check out around 11am or so. I do not want to haul my luggage around all day long. Can we drop it off at the port early and come back? I would like to board as soon as we can. When we have gone out of Miami, we normally arrive at 9:30-10. Any help would be great. I know its early, but I like to have my plans all hashed out. Oh yeah, and if you could recommend a hotel to stay in that would be great also(it does not have to be super fancy or anything)! Thank you all in advance.

You'd be okay getting there around 11 or 12...still can't get into the cabins until 1pm though.

You can also check in earlier check out the ship and then go back off and explore San Juan if you want. You just have to be back on board by like 7 or 8pm.

As far as hotels go you can usually get really great rates through Hotwire.

Never pay attention to what the "docs" say, as far as boarding times go...once the ship is cleared of departing passengers, they will begin boarding the whole new batch...That's YOU!

Get on that ship ASAP...you've PAID for day 1..and boarding day IS day 1!

We have been out of San Juan on three occasions. Each time we boarded around 11:30 without problem. We usually check out of the hotel and head for the ship between 10:30 and 11:00. Depending on your hotel, it will be 15-30 minutes to get there. I don't recommend going back to OSJ, too cumbersome and expensive for such a short time. If you want to explore, have the hotel keep your luggage until you are ready to board the ship. As other have said, it is the first day of the cruise, so I board as soon as allowed. Never been on the ship later than 12:30.

I agree with the previous post about arriving to board around 11-12. We have sailed from SJ twice and arrived at noon for a 10PM sailing. It is great to be able to explore the ship for the afternoon. If you want a good hotel, not necessarily chearp though, in OSJ try El Convento. Great hotel and great location.

SJU based ships depart out of the Pan American pier - not much around it - so once you are on....you are on. We have stayed at the Caribe Hilton - loved it......but it is not cheap.

Have a great cruise - Adventure is a great ship and the Southern Caribbean is one of our favorite itineraries.

if you are in old san juan, go to the Aquaviva restaurant....best food i have had - very very good......definitely need reservations.... made a night of it - and we had such a great time....

just a recommendation!

aquaviva - most awesome food we have had - we still talk about how food it was! :D and a great way to start vacation!!!!!

LOVED IT and kicked off the vacation excellent!!!!

we stayed at a marriott - excellent.... :p

When we sailed out of San Juan a year ago on the Adventure, the doors to the terminal opened at 11:30AM.

We arrived just before 11, waited right at the front of the line until 11:30, and got checked in and on the ship before noon.

When we sailed out of San Juan a year ago on the Adventure, the doors to the terminal opened at 11:30AM.

We arrived just before 11, waited right at the front of the line until 11:30, and got checked in and on the ship before noon.

That sounds just how I will do it. Thank you

Archived