Tesco club card points ???

asda

Ihave heard that some used tesco club card points for p&o cruises last year how did or does this work?

are they doing it again this year and do you have to pay it all with vouchers or just part payment?

You used to get 4x the value but has now gone down to 3x the value (e.g you get £100 clubcard voucher that would of been worth £400 now £300 towards a cruise. i don't think many people will be doing that now.

It can be used in part or full payment towards the cruise but you have to go direct with p&o and you wont get any offers or deals.

I looked online at the details and there is a dedicated direct Tesco cruise booking line. I reckon it will be as dj_spud says and end up being top price without offers.

Would be interested to hear if anyone has any experience of it.

Ihave heard that some used tesco club card points for p&o cruises last year how did or does this work?

are they doing it again this year and do you have to pay it all with vouchers or just part payment?

I booked a holiday to the Norwegian Fjords for this year and paid for it in full with Tesco vouchers. I booked direct with P&O and got the online price plus 5% discount and £100 obc. Tescos was still doing the x4 offer when I booked. I was told that you are entitled to any obc that they are offering at the time of booking but not free parking. Although I was paying for the whole cruise with tesco vouchers I still had to pay a small deposit using my debit card first then send the vouchers off and when they had been processed they reimbursed the deposit.

Thanks for posting! I changed all our vouchers up before the change to 3 x's & already have £2,000, I will change up the last mailing when the next lot of vouchers arrive (should be this month sometime) - so I've some at 4 x's and some at 3 x's. I'm waiting for the new brochure so that I can book for next summer. Whilst I was aware that I would still qualify for the online price and any earlybird savings I'd assummed that we wouldn't qualify for any OBC - thrilled to hear that we will :) Can't wait for the new brochure to arrive now.:D

Jo Jo be aware that your vouchers will not cover flights, fuel tax or airport tax, or any hotel accomadation booked with p&o .

it only covers the cost of the cruise.

i booked a cruise with flights from singapore to dubai with a hotel stay either side of the cruise for next year, a small qty £300 of the vouchers were returned to me and it was stated that they would not cover the items stated above, had this been mentioned at the time of booking i would probably have booked a slightly better grade cabin

Thanks for that info bertyrozla. That's worth remembering.

Now, what I'd like to know is how do you accrue so many Tesco points? We have a new Tesco store and I do all my shopping there. I also applied for a Tesco credit card last night, which gets you 500 points once you spend £300.

The price you pay is the online price +5 % or the phone up price which is 5% more than the online price.

when i booked with my vouchures they would not let me pay in full and get the extra 5% off for payment in full at the time of booking.

By not booking via a travel agent i extimate its cost us about £400-£500 more by paying with the vouchures.

But we weighed this up against the saving made by effectively getting one person free. and the tesco points didn't cost anything.

I really wouldent get excited about this! When you shop instore you get 2 clubcard points for every £1 spent so say you spend £100 you will get 200 clubcard points, in p&o vouchers that is worth £6. You would have to spend £10,000 to get £600 towards your cruise!!!!

But then you will lose your free parking/ coach to to southampton

And you will get a better deal at a TA.

So unless you can get at least a £1000 in vouchers it's not a good deal.

Can only be used towards a 6+ night cruise, that will rule out any 2/3 night cruises.

It used to be very good 3 or 4 years ago, There was alot of bounus points to get and you had the 4x value.

Accumulated most of my points by buying products with bonus points, the best example was nokia mobile phone for £16 with 1,000 bonus points

sold the phones on ebay for the price i paid for them and converted the 1,000 points to £40 of vouchers.

Result!

Accumulated most of my points by buying products with bonus points, the best example was nokia mobile phone for £16 with 1,000 bonus points

sold the phones on ebay for the price i paid for them and converted the 1,000 points to £40 of vouchers.

Result!

That all sounds a bit like hard work, but worth it if you can be bothered.

Do you actually speak to P&O direct to book or is it through a Tesco points centre?

We have some love2shop vouchers and have tried to book a holiday with them. The travel section of the voucher company is way over priced ie to book a Thomson holiday it is £65 pp more than the online price. They wouldn't even price us a cruise as they knew they would be way over the price we can get online.

I looked at using the Tesco vouchers but it didn't work for us, as our TA discount was way more than the vouchers we had saved.

The vouchers themselves aren't as easy to come by now either - I used to regularly get £125-£150 per quarter, but they stopped making them so easy to access.

Jo Jo be aware that your vouchers will not cover flights, fuel tax or airport tax, or any hotel accomadation booked with p&o .

it only covers the cost of the cruise.

i booked a cruise with flights from singapore to dubai with a hotel stay either side of the cruise for next year, a small qty £300 of the vouchers were returned to me and it was stated that they would not cover the items stated above, had this been mentioned at the time of booking i would probably have booked a slightly better grade cabin

Thanks bertyrozla, it will be a summer 2012 cruise out of Southampton, so we should be fine. I use my Tesco cc to pay for my weekly Tesco shop (paying it off each month) and rewards soon add up. I would still shop at Tesco anyway, so it's money for nothing as far as I'm concerned :)

I looked at using the Tesco vouchers but it didn't work for us, as our TA discount was way more than the vouchers we had saved.

The vouchers themselves aren't as easy to come by now either - I used to regularly get £125-£150 per quarter, but they stopped making them so easy to access.

Confused!!

The vouchers received every quarter depend on the total shop during that quarter.

Vouchers of £125-£150 per quarter would mean spending £12500- £15000 per quarter in store OR half that with a Tesco credit card which gives 2 points per £ spent.

That results in a spend each week of over £550. OK, it may include groceries and petrol, but it still seems an enormous sum.

BTW, they haven't stopped making them and they are quite easy to come by if you shop at Tesco.

We have hundreds of £'s of Tesco vouchers saved and even if we did not receive the extra benefits of booking with our usual TA, then we would consider the cruise a freebie. Can't complain at that!

Puzzled!!

we used tesco clubcard deals to book our Xmas 2011 cruise

didn't have enough in to pay in full, but paid half in deals.

it DOES inc flights and small OBC :)

you call a P&O number that comes with the deals,then you have to send in the deals vouchers in to P&O

sadly points are hard to come by now ,so i will only be getting mag subs and Eurotunnel deals

<sigh> was nice while it lasted though

didn't have enough in to pay in full, but paid half in deals.

it DOES inc flights and small OBC :)

It does include P&O charter flights to the Caribbean but the previous poster was referring to flights for World Cruise sectors, which, as they are scheduled flights, are not included.

Tesco points are also accepted for Cunard and Princess. See here for details

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/browse.aspx?N=4294967232+4294965815

Brian

It does include P&O charter flights to the Caribbean but the previous poster was referring to flights for World Cruise sectors, which, as they are scheduled flights, are not included.

Tesco points are also accepted for Cunard and Princess. See here for details

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/browse.aspx?N=4294967232+4294965815

Brian

Brian, I mean this in the nicest possible way - you are like our teacher :)

Archived