Tesco club card points ???

asda

Where does one start?

Rapacious business practices? They are one of the most unpleasant companies out there, second only to the appalling Ryanair.

WD

I have to admit, I'm new to Tesco and I am soon tiring of the buy 2 get 1 free, but not until we've overpriced it 50% tactics! It's almost impossible to buy 1 only of anything. But aren't the big supermarkets all the same?

Don't mention Ryannair to me! I detest their cheap expensive flights!

I have to admit, I'm new to Tesco and I am soon tiring of the buy 2 get 1 free, but not until we've overpriced it 50% tactics! It's almost impossible to buy 1 only of anything. But aren't the big supermarkets all the same?

Don't mention Ryannair to me! I detest their cheap expensive flights!

We use, and are very happy with, Ocado and Waitrose. It should be noted that both price match branded goods with Tesco, thus dispelling the "Waitrose is expensive" reputation.

The food is also significantly better - an improvement on Marks and Spencer in terms of meat, in my view. Having said that, we have a local butcher who is superb and prefer to use him.

Don't ignore Aldi and (presumably) Lidl either - carefully and researched shopping can save significant sums. And the cakes at Aldi are often lovely.

WD

We use, and are very happy with, Ocado and Waitrose. It should be noted that both price match branded goods with Tesco, thus dispelling the "Waitrose is expensive" reputation.

The food is also significantly better - an improvement on Marks and Spencer in terms of meat, in my view. Having said that, we have a local butcher who is superb and prefer to use him.

Don't ignore Aldi and (presumably) Lidl either - carefully and researched shopping can save significant sums. And the cakes at Aldi are often lovely.

WD

No Waitrose near me. Ocado online shopping? I can't get along with food shopping online at all. Tesco is new in our little market town and saves a 14 mile round trip to other towns, but I am more than a little disillusioned with it.

*on topic* If there's a free cruise lurking there (in 10 years by the time I've saved the points lol!) then I'll persevere a bit longer.

M&S is no longer a cut above now that they are competing more, but still nice to pop in for the makings of a nice meal.

Had some great wines from Netto and Aldi. ;)

We have a Tesco credit card. That way we got points no matter where we shop and that varies between Morrisons, Asda and Tesco. We always pay it off each month so there are no charges.

We are points so far we have had three free holidays, two gold appartment half-board holidays at Butlins and one holiday to the Disney hotel in Paris on eurostar.

Now we have found that we can save up for cruises, hip hip horray!!!!!!!!!

Question to posters who have already used vouchers for a cruise:

I've received my latest club point vouchers. I looked online at exchanging them for P&O rewards. As I've read it, it says that you have to use the rewards within 6 months of validation, so my question is do you save the points vouchers (which are valid until 2013) and exchange them all at once when you are ready to book?

Question to posters who have already used vouchers for a cruise:

I've received my latest club point vouchers. I looked online at exchanging them for P&O rewards. As I've read it, it says that you have to use the rewards within 6 months of validation, so my question is do you save the points vouchers (which are valid until 2013) and exchange them all at once when you are ready to book?

My advice to you woud be to save your vouchers until you are ready to use them as they are only valid , as you rightly say, for 6 months once they have been exchanged into P&O vouchers.

I don't know if you know this or not but if your tesco vouchers are coming up to their expiry date and you haven't quite got enough for what you are planning you can contact tecos and they will cancel the ones due to expire and issue you with new ones with a much longer expiry date enabling you to collect more.

Linda

My advice to you woud be to save your vouchers until you are ready to use them as they are only valid , as you rightly say, for 6 months once they have been exchanged into P&O vouchers.

I don't know if you know this or not but if your tesco vouchers are coming up to their expiry date and you haven't quite got enough for what you are planning you can contact tecos and they will cancel the ones due to expire and issue you with new ones with a much longer expiry date enabling you to collect more.

Linda

Linda, thank you very much for the info, especially about being able to re-issue the ones due to expire. Can you do that via your online account?

I am going to write the expiry dates on the envelope I'll keep them in, so I can check them each time I add to them. I think it could take me 5 years to save for a weekend cruise ;)

I am going to write the expiry dates on the envelope I'll keep them in, so I can check them each time I add to them. I think it could take me 5 years to save for a weekend cruise ;)

I think you will have to save a bit longer. You cant get a weekend cruise with Tesco points as it has to be a minimum of 6 nights and £500. See details

http://www.tesco.com/CLUBCARD/DEALS/PRODUCTINFOSHEETS/S6043.PDF

Brian

I think you will have to save a bit longer. You cant get a weekend cruise with Tesco points as it has to be a minimum of 6 nights and £500. See details

http://www.tesco.com/CLUBCARD/DEALS/PRODUCTINFOSHEETS/S6043.PDF

Brian

Grr! :mad: LOL I forgot about that. I did read it but forgot. Well, I've got £17.50 in vouchers to start off my grand World cruise saving plan. :D

Grr! :mad: LOL I forgot about that. I did read it but forgot. Well, I've got £17.50 in vouchers to start off my grand World cruise saving plan. :D

I am going to the Norwegian Fjords paid for with my Tesco vouchers. I have a tesco credit card and use it to pay for everything eg holidays, christmas presents clothes etc etc the points soon add up. I always pay the bill in full every month so I do not have to any interest.

With regard to your earlier post I think you have to phone tescos to renew your vouchers which are due to expire..

Linda

I am going to the Norwegian Fjords paid for with my Tesco vouchers. I have a tesco credit card and use it to pay for everything eg holidays, christmas presents clothes etc etc the points soon add up. I always pay the bill in full every month so I do not have to any interest.

With regard to your earlier post I think you have to phone tescos to renew your vouchers which are due to expire..

Linda

Free cruise for you. What more could you ask for? :D

We've ordered a credit card too so should start raking those points in.

Thanks all for the help.

I looked online at the details and there is a dedicated direct Tesco cruise booking line. I reckon it will be as dj_spud says and end up being top price without offers.

Would be interested to hear if anyone has any experience of it.

We asked for a price using the £650 worth of Tesco vouchers for a balcony cabin on the Azura 1 April.

P&O quoted about £950 with £30 obc, using vouchers.

My travel agent charged £649 (no obc).

We would have saved almost nothing using the vouchers!

Archived