Is the Equinox/Eclipse getting the Lawn grill

De Colores

I have heard but have not found any confirmation that they are upgrading the Equinox and the Eclipse to feature the Lawn Grill and other new Solstice Class features that they added to the Silohuette and Reflection.

Anyone been on the Equinox lately that can confirm that?

The Lawn Grill and The Porch are replacing the Hot Glass Show on Silhouette and Reflections. The HGS is a very popular venue on the S-class ships. There are no plans at this time to replace the HGS on Solstice, Equinox or Eclipse.

I believe you heard wrong. I know of no plans to make such changes to Equinox, Eclipse and Solstice. A lot of people would be upset since so the Hot Glass Show is so incredibly popular and a big draw.

I spoke to the HGS guys on my recent sailing about this and they said that they were not being replaced, but the new ships will have the grill instead. I made sure to rave about the show on my comment card, would hate to think that it would be replaced as it's such a great feature on Eclipse.

It's not the HGS problem, it's the people problem. There's not enough Corning people to staff the additional ships -- at least that's what I read somewhere on here.

I think the venues on the two newer ships will work out just fine.

No plans to replace the Hot Glass Show on the existing S-class ships. (Thank goodness!) Celebrity invested a lot of money - millions - into the HGS equipment and fine-tuning the glassblowing experience at sea, so I doubt they'll be willing to throw that away so soon. I would think that if they do replace it, it will only be after a long drydock. Considering the age of the ships, I'd say such a drydock is pretty far off in the future.

Wine-O, the artists discussed the issue of not having enough people willing to staff the ships on our last X sailing. The glassblowers are independent artists and are usually leery of leaving their businesses for a full contract onboard. It's unfortunate, but I'm glad they still have the show on three ships.

Archived