UK Blog Post: Who Cruises the Middle East?

LauraS

• Administrators

Brilliance of the Seas‘ itinerary has been pretty packed so far but as I’ve been out on tour both days, I’ve had plenty of chance to meet some of my fellow passengers. I’d wondered what kind of people would come on these Arabian Gulf cruises. My guess that there wouldn’t be many Americans was right, [...]

More...

There's a good choice of lines now, even better from next year...RCI, AIDA, Costa and from 2012, MSC too....along with the more upmarket brands that do touch & goes in the region.

On Allegra last year we called into Muscat, Salalah, Aden...amazing...especially Muscat :)

Want to go back and do another repositioning, maybe next year.

Having been to Tunisia and Egypt on previous cruises, I can honestly say that I would not be too bothered at missing the former - I have never experienced such hassle from shop keepers in my life before - even to the extent they followed us through a car park and actually onto the tour bus !

I hope they can sort out Egypt soon though as they are so dependent on their tourism industry (not to mention the fact I am supposed to go there in November again :) )

Archived