NCL 7-Night Western Caribbean Cabin Selection

Rocko62580

Hello All! Just came across your forum! WOW! Very cool! I am hoping someone can help a first time cruise go'er find a great cabin!

I will be taking the NCL Spirit sometime this fall. So far I have found that deck 11 in a balcony seems to be where we want to stay, so we are close to the pool! Where would you all recommend we book for a cabin room number? We would like to be central to everything, so we can move around easily, so I am thinking that would mean we are close to the middle elevator, but I will let the experts decide that....We would also like to hear if there is any preference to be on the port or starboard side in order to maximize the views.

Please see the attached, and let me know a couple rooms you would pick! We would prefer to be in a red zone.

Thanks to all!

1b822aafdab89a6b86cdc69466b0b654.jpg.df312486fcc809d61dd0b0a382c46ccb.jpg

you will get more answers on the NCL boards.

we did a balcony on the 9th deck, it was wonderful. the only difference between balconies is the location. except for a couple of new balcony cabins they just put in (aft area) the size is the same for all balcony cabins. 9th and 10th deck you will have other cabins over you, less chance of extra noise. deck 11 you do not want to be under the work-out area, the galaxy of the stars lounge. raffles is the buffet, some people report that they can hear the chairs being moved aorund (late at night) when it's cleaned.

just depends on how light of a sleeper you are.

the spirit is a easy ship to get around...the main dining rooms are on the 6th deck, main lobby and showroom on are deck 7, gangway is (usually) deck 4.

The side of the ship really won't matter...most ships dock in different positions and locations on each trip. You may face the port at your 1st stop, but not at the next.

Being near the stairs and elevators is usually a plus....most ships have those areas in a foyer, so you won't be hearing extra noise, and it's very convenient...those are LOOOOONG hallways!

I like the deck under the pool, too, as that's where I spend most of my time...makes it easy to run up and down a flight of stairs!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rock,

My DH and I are booked on the Spirit in July in an aft port side balcony on deck 11. It is cabin # 11622. We had a cabin in an identical location on the Norwegian Jade last May and loved it for the following reasons:

The rooms in this area between the aft stairs/ elevators have a bit less traffic in the hallway than mid-ship. This particular location is below a carpeted dining area which is quiet 24/7 - no deck chairs or loud music.

After every port day, we would take a short nap then run up the aft staircase to deck 12 to grab a plate of appetizers (from the buffet) and drinks from the bar on the back deck. It was only a few steps back down the stairs and to our cabin to enjoy cocktail hour on our balcony! I got to know the cute guy with the hand sanitizer bottle who stood just outside the buffet area - he caught on after a few days and would greet me with "party in your room today?!".

The MDR is just off the aft elevator bank and it was quick to send my hubby down request our aft window table then return to tell me about how long it would be as I finished getting ready for dinner :). That is a secret of mine, we found the MDR staff more than willing to seat us at beautiful window table with our friends when we pleasantly told them that we would be happy to wait.

The walk to other areas of the ship was no big deal, we needed it with after eating a 4 course meal each night!

Happy cruising, hope you have a great trip!

Archived