please help me!!!!

does anyone know if theres a basic inexpensive shuttle service that runs from orlando mco to port canaveral , like basic public transport no private shuttles , theyre prices are outrageous.

also if anyone does have information on these public shuttles if they could give me the times hat they start and stop .

thanks everyone.

i have done a google search and ust keep getting private transfers and the prices are to expensive for just 2 people.

I am not sure exactly which shuttle you are speaking of,or what you consider ourageous.But the RCI shuttle from MCO to Canaveral is only about 38 dollars..(unless its gone up)I am assuming that is PP.You can also rent a car,for about $50.oo for two days(overnight).After that,limos and such get a little pricey.

If you are talking something like public bus service I think you are out of luck. For 2 people the RCI shuttle may be the most economical short of renting a car. The limo/shuttle services become more ecomonical as the number of people in your party grows.

thanks for yor replies.does rccl offer theyre shuttles everyday we are travelling on the 8th from port canaveral but are staying at the radisson on the 7th when our flight arrives.

peggy

thanks for our reply.i have priced a shuttle but since there are only 2 of us it seems very expensive:eek: i know if there were more in our group it wouldnt be that bad.i did post a thread asking if anyone wanted to share a shuttle but got no replies!:mad:

have emailed rccl to find out if they run theyre shuttles daily or just on cruise days , but i would imagine its on cruise days only.

I have always assume it is cruise day only.

I know you said you are staying at the Radisson,which is a great choice BTW.But you could consider staying closer to the airport.They offer free shuttles to/from close hotels.There is also one hotel in the airport (mariott )maybe,kinda pricey,but not if it helps with shuttle costs,and another within walking distance (or so it says)..But again,must hotels on International drive and close to the AP,provide the free shuttle.Then you could catch the RCI shuttle the next day.Just a thought...

You might want to look into renting a car. I know both AVIS and Budget allow one way rentals and have a rental lot very close to the port. That is what I am doing. I am renting a car, driving it to port canaveral, dropping it off and taking their shuttle (runs all day) to the port. Then when I get off my cruise, I am reversing the process. I was able to get the "bigger" cars at a lot less money that way...plus, I won't have to worry abut parking, paying to park, or paying to keep a car when i am not even driving it. The shuttle drops you off right in front.

does anyone know if theres a basic inexpensive shuttle service that runs from orlando mco to port canaveral , like basic public transport no private shuttles , theyre prices are outrageous.

also if anyone does have information on these public shuttles if they could give me the times hat they start and stop .

thanks everyone.

i have done a google search and ust keep getting private transfers and the prices are to expensive for just 2 people.

We rented a one way car from orlando--cost $41-- with hertz on priceline--no drop fee-- ( each way) was well worth it there were 4 of us):eek:

We found the best for us when we sailed from Port Canaveral, was just to rent a car from Avis. The drop off/pick up was actually at the Radisson when we did this a couple of years ago. It worked out very well. We were able to spend the day on the return at Downtown Disney and then just drop off the car at the airport when it was time for our flight. It was really easy and painless. It has been our experience that the cruiseline transfers only allow transfers on cruise day if you do not use their air/sea program.

thanks for all your replies and help.

we are travelling on may 8th.

i heard back from rccl today and they do only do the shutle on cruise days:( !we have a reservation at the radisson barcelo on international drive also for the 7th and but i thought since this is our first cruise it would be nice to be nearer the port and see the ship come in.

looks like ill either have o pay expensive shuttle rates for 2 or miss the ship docking and get the airport transfer the next day!!

thanks again evryone for all your replies and i hope you all have a great cruise , as i said this is pur first ever cruise and we are very excited!!!

car hire:we are from ireland and although the roads here are ok , we have never driven in usa before and i as i am a very nervouse passenger i think fiance would be dead by the time we reach port canaveral.............;) ;) :eek:

On car hire, if its any consolation from Orlando International Airport all you really need to do is point the car straight ahead and push on the gas. Not sure its much different in Ireland. :D

The drive from OIA could not be any simpler and its only around 45 minutes.

jobrien

are you irish???with a name like that...

ill look into the car hire , i suppose it cant be that bad, in ireland we have mainly 1 lane of traffic , when it gets more then 1 i start to panic.......:eek: :eek:

we have booked car hire for cozumel in mexico aswell and i am dreading it!!fiance thinks hes michael schumacher.........:D

here in ireland i only get in the car with him if i REALLY have to.....

Five generations ago someone from Ireland showed up in the US... and resulted in me being here. :)

It really is quite a simple drive and for "Mr. Schumacher" ... he will be a bit disappointed as the drive is due east with no turning whatsoever.

Tronan -

This is Kim (wrighka) from our cruise thread. As everyone said the driving would be a straight shot, the only thing that might be a little nerveracking could be the traffic and making sure you're on the right instead of the left! Personally, I'd take a shuttle.....that way you know you have a driver who knows what he's doing!

I freaked when I started driving in England! Used to be in tears by the time I'd get home from work. Talk about nervewracking!!!!!!!!!

Let me know if you need anything. Looking forward to meeting u guys on the cruise!

Cheers!

Kim

Tronan,

I too am looking at shuttle service for mariner of the seas. It's going to cost you either way. Arts shuttle is pretty much what the Mears shuttle is.

You can always take a cab back to the airport on day of cruise and catch that shuttle but it's still $25.00 pp each way.

I'm thinking we might just fly down day of and save the hotel money. We were thinking of the radisson at cape canaveral (it's not that expensive and offers a free shuttle to ship).

Anyway, I was born in coventry, England. Father born in Sligo and mother born in Dublin.

Still have family in Dublin and Sligo.

Hope you have a great cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you drive on the same side of the road as we do? I couldn't handle driving where it's all opposite of what I'm used to!:eek:

we drive on the left hand side here , dont what side it is in america.:confused: we went to spain last year and he took off every wing mirror in the resort:eek: !!!!!

tronan,

If you or your fiance are not used to highway driving, I wouldn't do it, especially on your wrong side of the road! We do drive on the right here. I was surprised at how huge the highways were--there wasn't much traffic when we were on them, but lots of lanes!

We're going 2 days before our April Mariner cruise. We're staying at Disney World, and we have rented a car. We'll return the car to the airport Sunday morning, make our way to baggage claim and take the RCCL shuttle.

Whatever you decide, have a great time on your cruise!

car hire:we are from ireland and although the roads here are ok , we have never driven in usa before and i as i am a very nervouse passenger i think fiance would be dead by the time we reach port canaveral.............;) ;) :eek:

After driving 678 miles in Ireland with my DH :D I feel safe to say you will not have any trouble on the US roads getting to Port Canaveral. Practice a little in the parking lot of the hotel. It is much easier with our wider roads.

The roads here are much wider and have excellent lane markings. Also most all roads have smaller shoulder lanes as opposed to hedgerows.

After driving 678 miles in Ireland with my DH :D I feel safe to say you will not have any trouble on the US roads getting to Port Canaveral. Practice a little in the parking lot of the hotel. It is much easier with our wider roads.

The roads here are much wider and have excellent lane markings. Also most all roads have smaller shoulder lanes as opposed to hedgerows.

678 miles in ireland!????u must have travelled around the whole island!!!:D :D i shall reserve a car anyway , its not that expensive , and the experience will be something i definatley wont forget!!!:eek:

thanks everyone for all your help..and for any of you that will be on my cruise , make sure and ask at the desk have theresa and james arrived and if we havent you will know im stranded somewhere on the americn highway!either being lost , or have told fiance to pull over and let me out!im walking...:cool:

everyone have a great cruise!!!!!its my first and i just cant wait..

Archived