Oceanview front of the ship...any comments??

ldl05

We have booked room 8100, right in the very front of the Allure, for October 30th. Just wanted to see if anyone had cruised in the front of the ship and your comments....is the room a little bigger than your average ocean view ..also, any extra movement felt up there? The window looks HUGE...I have joked with my husband that I will bring a large papier mache steering wheel and he can pretend he is steering the ship! I am very excited that we walk right out into Central Park! Thanks for your advice! :)

We had a room at the front of the ship on the Freedom before. Can't speak about room size on the allure compared to others. We enjoyed looking out the big windows during the day. Only thing we did not enjoy was at night your shades had to stay down to keep the light from your room from shiny out since the bridge is above you. Disappointed to not be able to look out the windows at night. If I had a choice, I would take a room that was on a side, but that is just our personal preference.

I need my room pitch black to sleep, so the shades will be shut! No problem there! I prefer an interior room for that reason alone, but DH likes to look outside! What about wind noise??? Thanks for the info!!!:D

I have visited the oceanview rooms in the very front.....the rooms are a bit larger dues to the slant of the wall with the window....the window is quite large. You will definitely feel more motion all the way forward like that....the day I visited the waters were pretty calm and I could feel the motion as well as a slight shutter when ever we hit any wake. I have found that Oasis seems to be more prone to motion forward than aft.

OK, your post freaked me right out:eek::eek:!!! I don't like to feel movement...I just changed the cabin to a Central Park Balcony for the same price:p! Don't know how I swung that, but it happened! I think we will like the CP room better....I have been in the front on other ships and could feel the movement more, but that sounds a bit much for me! This will be my 12th or 13th cruise, and I have only been seasick once, but don't want it to happen again! Thanks so much for your information and I will gladly look out at the beuatiful park! :)

OK, your post freaked me right out:eek::eek:!!! I don't like to feel movement...I just changed the cabin to a Central Park Balcony for the same price:p! Don't know how I swung that, but it happened! I think we will like the CP room better....I have been in the front on other ships and could feel the movement more, but that sounds a bit much for me! This will be my 12th or 13th cruise, and I have only been seasick once, but don't want it to happen again! Thanks so much for your information and I will gladly look out at the beuatiful park! :)

Sounds like a great choice....I think you will be very happy with your CP balcony....enjoy:)

At the front of the ship you can frequently feel what is called the 'pitch' of the ship. That is the up and down motion of the ship rather than a side to side rolling. The bigger the ship and the calmer the seas the less there would be (or none at all). But if movement at all bothers you, it would be best to avoid forward cabins. A CP balcony is a good choice except now you will not see any of the ocean. But it is a balcony. :)

Bill

I cruised 7100. on Oasis during maiden voyage. Change rooms now. You will hear the waves slapping the ship all night long, especially on the sea days when they travel faster at night. If you are a sound sleeper then ok but if you are a normal or light sleeper change rooms now.

I cruised 7100. on Oasis during maiden voyage. Change rooms now. You will hear the waves slapping the ship all night long, especially on the sea days when they travel faster at night. If you are a sound sleeper then ok but if you are a normal or light sleeper change rooms now.

LOL!!!! I love your "change rooms now"!!! I did, and thank you very much for your input. I am not a sound sleeper away from home (and I travel every week for work :eek:), so anything to help get a good night's sleep, the better! I think the CP balcony room will be perfect!

Oh goodness i'm freaking out a bit now :eek:. Its our first cruise we are up front but just on the side 8130 TA said i shouldn't worry about motion sickness due to size of ship. I see now i have been completely naive !! I think its too late to change as its been booked since sept and my kids are in cabin opposite. I do suffer with motion sickness :( i think iv'e boobed big time !

Oh goodness i'm freaking out a bit now :eek:. Its our first cruise we are up front but just on the side 8130 TA said i shouldn't worry about motion sickness due to size of ship. I see now i have been completely naive !! I think its too late to change as its been booked since sept and my kids are in cabin opposite. I do suffer with motion sickness :( i think iv'e boobed big time !

Look online and see what's available still, then contact your TA if you find something else that works for you. You may be able to change, don't worry! :p If not, dramamine works wonders!

I was in cabin 6185 on Allure - it was forward and I could feel the motion. we were really close to the Vitality Spa entrance. Check the floor plan to see if you are more forward than that. At nights my head was swooning from the movement so I had to take my Bonine more than usual. Since it is your first cruise, I would really aim for midship. My husband seemed to be ok but he doesn't get seasick easily. Good luck!!

We had 8434, 8432 & 8430 on Allure and although they're inside rooms they were around the same area (down the hall & around the corner) - I didn't feel any motion - 3 of our 6 were 1st time cruisers and they didn't even notice any. I found when we were moving there was less motion than when docked.

I am also going on the Allure Oct 30th I am hoping for a great Halloween Cruise see you there :)

Make sure you sign up for the Meet & Mingle! It's a nice way to hook up with others....we'll be there! We are Craig and Lisa, in our early 40's, and we live in South Florida!:)

• 2 months later...

Did you keep this cabin or did you move? We are sailing in the same cabin next year. We booked it to limit the chances of being near a smoker (since it's the first balcony cabin). I would love to know if you end up feeling the motion of the ship. Perhaps you could post when you return??

We can't decide which gamble to take-motion sickness or having a smoker chase us off the balcony.:confused:

Archived