balcony discount/obc

I just hung up with my TA to change my room from an ov to a balcony and asked to use the diamond balcony discount. The TA was told by 2 different CRs that I cannot combine balcony discount and the booked onboard OBC since the original booking was done prior to 6/2010. Can only use one or the other. Has anyone heard of this???:confused:

I just hung up with my TA to change my room from an ov to a balcony and asked to use the diamond balcony discount. The TA was told by 2 different CRs that I cannot combine balcony discount and the booked onboard OBC since the original booking was done prior to 6/2010. Can only use one or the other. Has anyone heard of this???:confused:

Yes. They were not combinable for quite a while.

Only this past June did they announce that you could again combine them.

Oh well. But if the price of the room drops, I should get OBC, right?

More bad news. If you booked this cruise prior to May 17, then you will get any all price reductions up until 72 hours prior to sailing. That would be a cruise fare adjustment and then if it dropped after final payment then an OBC would be issued.

If you booked after May 17, you only get price reductions up until final payment.........and that would be a cruise fare adjustment. No OBC is issued after final payment.

More bad news. If you booked this cruise prior to May 17, then you will get any all price reductions up until 72 hours prior to sailing. That would be a cruise fare adjustment and then if it dropped after final payment then an OBC would be issued.

If you booked after May 17, you only get price reductions up until final payment.........and that would be a cruise fare adjustment. No OBC is issued after final payment.

I booked on 12/2009 so I hope there is a price reduction to get back some OBC!

I booked on 12/2009 so I hope there is a price reduction to get back some OBC!

Then you are good to go. :D Just keep checking for price reductions........they are not automatic, you have to request them. Also your TA might have to remind RCI that your booking was made pre May 17, 2010.

Make sure that if you do see a price reduction it doesn't say "for new bookings only" and that your TA will honor any price reductions that might occur prior to boarding.

Then you are good to go. :D Just keep checking for price reductions........they are not automatic, you have to request them. Also your TA might have to remind RCI that your booking was made pre May 17, 2010.

Make sure that if you do see a price reduction it doesn't say "for new bookings only" and that your TA will honor any price reductions that might occur prior to boarding.

Thanks for your help. I look everyday but may skip Tuesdays;usually new booking only:eek:

Archived