Live From the Decks of the Mercury The Final Two! 2/5/11 & 2/14/11

tuggers

Okay I must jump in here. LOL. " Das ist schlecht" means- oh that is bad or oh thats not so good . NOT cheap.

Nothing on board Mercury looks cheap. I think he was refering to some troubles he saw comeing up during the refit.

I would love to have sailed on her, but never had the opportunity. Now that she is transfered to the german market ( which I still don´t get- there are enough ships packed with germans) I will never board her. I am more in for a international group than a whole bunch of germans. I have them at home all year round. LOL.

At least the ship is safe and preseved for the next couple of years and I think that my fellow germans will love her. Oh well time does not stand still.

Tuggers- thanks for not throwing the german over board- LOL. Anne- thanks for talking her out of it- again LOL.

Greetings

Michael

Okay I must jump in here. LOL. " Das ist schlecht" means- oh that is bad or oh thats not so good . NOT cheap.

Nothing on board Mercury looks cheap. I think he was refering to some troubles he saw comeing up during the refit.

I would love to have sailed on her, but never had the opportunity. Now that she is transfered to the german market ( which I still don´t get- there are enough ships packed with germans) I will never board her. I am more in for a international group than a whole bunch of germans. I have them at home all year round. LOL.

At least the ship is safe and preseved for the next couple of years and I think that my fellow germans will love her. Oh well time does not stand still.

Tuggers- thanks for not throwing the german over board- LOL. Anne- thanks for talking her out of it- again LOL.

Greetings

Michael

Michael,

Thanks so much for making the correction. My husband translated for me so this is on him. :D But it remains a negative comment and it sounded as if he was referring to something he was seeing right at that time. He was standing at the wall of pics near the computer center. Maybe he was referring to the computer speed, and I would have to agree with him on that one. :);)

Anne :)

Michael,

Thanks so much for making the correction. My husband translated for me so this is on him. :D But it remains a negative comment and it sounded as if he was referring to something he was seeing right at that time. He was standing at the wall of pics near the computer center. Maybe he was referring to the computer speed, and I would have to agree with him on that one. :);)

Anne: Yes, he must have meant the computer speed. That was very schlecht. Or maybe that the officer photos would be removed from the wall. That would have been schlecht too. The cinema is/was there too, so maybe the movie was a schlecht one. How is your husband doing? Elvis is being schlecht right now by batting at the laptop screen.

Michael: Too bad you weren't on the cruise with us. You could have served as our "spy" translator!

Kathy

Anne: Yes, he must have meant the computer speed. That was very schlecht. Or maybe that the officer photos would be removed from the wall. That would have been schlecht too. The cinema is/was there too, so maybe the movie was a schlecht one. How is your husband doing? Elvis is being schlecht right now by batting at the laptop screen.

Michael: Too bad you weren't on the cruise with us. You could have served as our "spy" translator!

Kathy

ADJ schlecht | schlechter | am schlechtesten

schlechter | schlechte | schlechtes

schlechtester | schlechteste | schlechtestes

SYNO böse | schlecht | schlimm | übel ...

schlecht

bad {adj}

badly {adv}

poorly {adv}

wickedly {adv}

unpalatably {adv}

poor-quality {adj}

lousy {adj} [coll.]

poorly {adj} [br.] [ill]

gastr. off {adj} [food]

engin. not in order {adj} <NIO>

food decayed {adj} [food]

food decaying {adj} [food]

And many more at

http://www.dict.cc/german-english/schlecht.html

Greetings

Michael

Thanks for introducing one Germans point of view. I like when you said you don't want to cruise with a bunch of Germans.:D

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Hubby is doing ok. We are learning to take things one day at a time. I am probably happier with our low sodium diet than he is. But he is being very good about it. He is getting to spend lots of time with Benny the biter and is working on breaking him of his biting habit.

Say hi to Elvis, and maybe give him a little pat for me if he leaves the laptop screen alone. :)

No problem Anne- and I agree- the speed of the internet- could be a bit improved, internet is around since about 20 years now....!

Kathy I would have loved to spy for you...! Hehe!

By the way I can not think of a name more stupid like " Mein Schiff2 " !

Tui is a very popular group in germany - i once made the mistake to book flight with Tui- Flight- worst flight ever!

Greetings

Michael

Michael: We could have used a spy on the cruise!

Anne: I just gave Elvis a pat for you. He is sitting here again with his paws on my leg. He actually watched a youtube video a couple days ago. He was sitting here when I played a youtube video of a Constellation sailaway where the Constellation and another boat were sounding their horns. For some reason, he was very fascinated by the sound of the horns and put his paws on the laptop, leaned forward, and watched the video for four minutes until my dh came in to see Elvis during his youtube moment of a cat watching a youtube video! Then Elvis acted cool as if to say, "You have got to be kidding. I wasn't watching youtube!"

Joan: I thought of you this week on St. Patrick's Day and on Sunday when we went to Irish Eyes for lunch and to watch our local small town St. Patrick's Day parade. I wore green; Jack wore orange.

My big, bad, protection trained GSD developed separation anxiety while I was gone. The Great Dane was fine as was the Schnauzer. Not sure the cat even knew (or cared) I was gone and the bird only missed my scrambled eggs with cheese!

Back to the real world. Rats! Got to book something for May I guess!

Gail: My childhood GSD suffered from separation anxiety whenever we traveled. I'm sure your cat missed you. Your cat is probably like other cats - too cool to show emotion.

Kathy

Anne, glad your dh is adjusting. Hope he continues to follow doctors orders!

Kathy, Spenser always 'punishes' me when I get home. He acts like I'm invisible until bedtime and then he comes around to get loved. He and the Schnauzer are here at the house and they are big time buds so I think he's okay. Teri stays here so they aren't alone. The bird misses me. He won't step up on my hand to get out of his cage until the day after I come home. The big guys settle right in. Guess I'm lucky I only have one on ******!:D (that's weird - it deleted the name of an antidepressant that begins with 'P'!)

Ed and I stood on the deck for about 45 minutes watching Mirko Beloge tape snips for his show. We wondered who he was. When I watched the tape of Mercury being torn up I realized who he was. He looked up a time or two and waved and, one time, shrugged his shoulders at us when he got a thumbs up from the photographer. We saw the two of them board but did not know who they were.

I have a special reminder of Mercury. There were several plaques on the wall in his office. At Captain's table first formal night the Chief Engineer, Staff CE and the new German Captain were there. At cocktails they agreed that I could have a Mercury remembrance. When we were at the cocktail party CE pointed to the plaque and asked if I wanted it. Of course I said yes. He spoke to Captain Frantzis and then nodded to me. It was delivered to my cabin the last day. In the TV tape there is a shot that shows the wall where it hung. There was a picture of flowers in its place.

I wish I had thought of that on the Zenith. Best I have of her is a ship model with Captain Karamounas' signature.

My ship TV presenter Mirko Berloge was in taking it and shows you the beginning of the reconstruction work.

from

http://meinschiff.tv/2011/03/16/folge-124-ubernahme-der-mercury/

Ed and I stood on the deck for about 45 minutes watching Mirko Beloge tape snips for his show. We wondered who he was. When I watched the tape of Mercury being torn up I realized who he was. He looked up a time or two and waved and, one time, shrugged his shoulders at us when he got a thumbs up from the photographer. We saw the two of them board but did not know who they were.

Did you see the clip with Mirko Beloge

Anne, glad your dh is adjusting. Hope he continues to follow doctors orders!

Kathy, Spenser always 'punishes' me when I get home. He acts like I'm invisible until bedtime and then he comes around to get loved. He and the Schnauzer are here at the house and they are big time buds so I think he's okay. Teri stays here so they aren't alone. The bird misses me. He won't step up on my hand to get out of his cage until the day after I come home. The big guys settle right in. Guess I'm lucky I only have one on ******!:D (that's weird - it deleted the name of an antidepressant that begins with 'P'!)

Hey Gail....are you going to come back to our roll call for September 16, 2011 10 day Ultimate Alaska on Infinity? We are looking forward to sailing with you.......do you always do the "live from" thing....that was pretty cool I really enjoyed it.......

Cheryl

Here is a video of the My Ship. My ship 2 should be similar

It is in German

TUI Cruises: My ship powered by Reisefernsehen.com - Travel Video (Cruise / ...

Celebrity Cruises propelled Mercury. The ship was built in 1997 at the Meyer Werft in Papenburg, and after the acquisition by TUI ...

from

• 3 weeks later...

Archived