Best ship for quick April getaway?

slm517

I am planning a quick getaway for my husband and I, as well as another couple.

There is a 4 night Western Caribbean on the Radiance, a 4 night Western on the Navigator, and the 3 & 4 night Bahamas cruises on the Monarch/Majesty.

I am leaning towards the Radiance or the Navigator, as I am a little concerned about the size and age of the Monarch/Majesty. I would love to hear everyone's opinions and recommendations. Thanks!

Don't be afraid of the Majesty. It's kept in tip top shape and it really isn't as small as everyone thinks!

Any of the choices are good- it depends on what you're looking for.

Navigator has the Promenade & Ice Skating.

Radiance has a lot of sea views, beautiful elevators that overlook the sea, Sea View Cafe (soon to be removed and transformed into something else), billiard tables, and a true covered Solarium.

Assuming you want to exclude Carnival, which has the cheapest fares for 4 & 5 nighters, have you considered the Celebrity Century, out of Miami, or the RCI Explorer and Enchantment Of The Seas going over to Bermuda?

We've been on both the Radiance and Navigator, many times, and would pick Navigator, all other things being equal, for its entertainment and on-board activities value. Saying that, the Radiance has a more traditional ship-like decor and layout. Either will satisfy your cruising urges!

By the way, I believe that any of the above may go down in price and show up on the Tuesday Specials as it gets closer to embarkation day. The $399 prices of today could drop to $299, or even $249 (inside), if you can play the waiting game. However, if you have to schedule other logistics, such as airlines and vacations, then this may not be possible.

I just booked the Navigator. We leave the 31st of March for four nights. It was actually cheaper than Carnival. Couldn't pass up the deal for a quick get away. Can't wait. It will be the largest ship we have ever been on. I'm sure you would like the Radiance too. We did the Serenade last year and LOVED it! Good luck! Lol:D

Hi,

I decided to do a short cruise in March and considered these same ships. I booked the Navigator of the Seas for March 3, 2011. I have never been on this ship and like the two sea days. Also, I received a great deal on a balcony cabin.

As mentioned above, you also might want to consider the Celebrity Century. I did a four-night cruise on the Century in November 2010 and had a wonderful time. Even though this an older and smaller ship, it is still very nice. The ship received an extensive upgrade in 2006 and looks great. The Century offers a more traditional type of cruise experience.

Chuck

I am planning a quick getaway for my husband and I, as well as another couple.

There is a 4 night Western Caribbean on the Radiance, a 4 night Western on the Navigator, and the 3 & 4 night Bahamas cruises on the Monarch/Majesty.

I am leaning towards the Radiance or the Navigator, as I am a little concerned about the size and age of the Monarch/Majesty. I would love to hear everyone's opinions and recommendations. Thanks!

We just did the Monarch and enjoyed trip.

I was concerned about age and sservice!

No problems!! Everything was wonderful except for carnival almost hitting us in port!.

We have sailed the larger ships and greatly enjoyed every aspect of the

smaller ship on this cruise .

Your ease of getting there, potential travel delays(weather) and overnight stays would be my considerations,

and if price is deal breaker then the PC Monarch probably way to go!!!!

If you can drive check pricing up to 3 days before and you may get real deal plus what your C&A level is with your credits!

Our weather was wonderful!

Can't go wrong with any of them!!!!:D

Its all circumstancial !

ANY ship is good for a getaway. :o Sorry.... could not resist that one. :D

No problem!!!!

Absolutely..... ANY ship is good for a getaway!!!!!

Can't go wrong with any of them!!!!:D

Its all circumstantial!

Your choice of destinations can play into choice also!

ditto

As far as ships the Navigator is nicest' date=' larger, couples mud bath, 3 story atrium dinning room and ship overall with more services!!!!

[b']I agree with VMcG[/b]:D

It was built I believe in 2003! A beautiful ship!!!

I believe prettier than Vogager 1999!!!!

It will depend also on destinations, convenience of port, cruise price, airline prices, departure port, travel, overnight stays, timing of booking relative to price, etc.

Things can vary greatly with these variables.

What is most important within your criteria's!

Have not been on Radiance>>>

Any cruise is great!!!!!

I just booked Navigator for 4/28/11 yesterday. I loved the 2 sea days, a day in Cozumel to spend at Nachi Cocom and the class of ship. Plus I got a smoking deal on it. I can totally agree with the posters who say any day on any ship is a good one though:) Enjoy your trip whichever you pick.....Jim

Archived