Beach power snorkel or snuba adventure in Costa Maya?

terpshockey77

I would reverse that. The ruins on Cozumel are very small. An excurison to Tulum is an all day venture and needs to be done through the ship. Not sure on snuba, but the power snorkeling in Costa Maya can be fun but the snorkeling itself is just so-so. Nice quiet beach area, but the iron shore in that section fo the coast isn't teeming with sealife. Facilities on the beach are restrooms and a small snack bar ran by the tour operators.

I would look for snorkeling in Cozumel at either The Money Bar or Chankanaab Park. Both of these places have good ironhsore right off the beach and well as full facilities and restuarants. Neither need a ship excursion to get to and even with the cost of the cab, it's less than the power snorkel in Costa Maya.

In Costa Maya, I would take the Native Choice tour to Chacchoben or Kuhunlich. David and Ivan do a great job and you'll see good ruins sites and learn a lot on Mayan culture.

http://www.thenativechoice.com/

Not sure which ship you are on or what other ports you're stopping at but if you're going to Roatan, Honduras, the snorkeling is excellent there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived