Keep checking those prices, people!!

pcur

I'm not a big fan of the new website layout :rolleyes: but here is my question. My cruise in April has the little yellow DEAL next to it. How do you find out what the deal is? lol The way the other website worked, you could put your information in and if say there was a residency drop, it would show the two prices (one regular, one for the residency price). Am I missing something here? :confused: I've been doing the 'dumby' bookings and as far as I can tell, my price has stayed the same so I don't know what they consider the deal. Hope this makes sense! And maybe I'm not missing anything at all...

TIA!

Mary

I'm not a big fan of the new website layout :rolleyes: but here is my question. My cruise in April has the little yellow DEAL next to it. How do you find out what the deal is? lol The way the other website worked, you could put your information in and if say there was a residency drop, it would show the two prices (one regular, one for the residency price). Am I missing something here? :confused: I've been doing the 'dumby' bookings and as far as I can tell, my price has stayed the same so I don't know what they consider the deal. Hope this makes sense! And maybe I'm not missing anything at all...

TIA!

Mary

Mary - There is a deal on your cruise but it could be a military discount or a residency discount for another state or states than yours. Or only for E1 balconys from certain states or something like that.

Our E1 balcony on upcoming cruise had a residency discount and price dropped to less than oceanview but it was only for certain balcony codes. :)

TIA!

Mary

I think that the standard rate is on sale, that's what the deal is.

I just found a great tip in another thread for finding residency and senior discounts. Go to JetBlue's website. Click on cruises, at the bottom of the home page. Scroll down about 1/3 of the way through the cruises page, and there's an option to search for discounts by state. Click that. You can restrict your search by cruise line, sale date, stateroom type, etc. Much more functional and obvious than RCCL's website is.

ETA: For my Sept. sailing, the price has fluctuated up and down $50/person for months now, with the "deal" appearing and disappearing. It seems to be just a sale price, not a residency/senior/military discount.

To be redundant with myself: check your prices daily, and ESPECIALLY IN THE TWO WEEKS BEFORE FINAL PAYMENT.

I have final payment due next week on 2/8, and in the last week I have changed two of our family cruise cabins to inside guarantees (from inside cabins anyway) for a $100 per person price drop/extra obc.

Today I got hubby and I a designated balcony cabin for $40 per person LESS than the balcony guarantee I got last week.

Each of my sons' now have $400 obc, and hubby and I have $180. Sons and DIL wanted obc rather than a better cabin.

This whole booking is a testimonial to RCCL's flexibility in booking options:

booking on board originally for the reduced deposit and $100 obc per cabin

price drops for guarantees for extra obc

MORE price drops for MORE obc

My TA is wonderful about making these changes asap, too. You have to jump on them the day you see them. The price drops from last week are gone now.

I've posted before that I see movement in the few weeks before final payment, and it's been true for me more than once. So, check your prices, but really keep an eye on them just before final payment. I think that's when more cabins come into inventory and RCCL's computer starts playing with the prices to get the bookings up.

Of course, a lot of people say the prices REALLY change after final payment, but I can't take advantage of that, so I'm happy to get what I can while I can.

Happy sailing!! :D

you can't make any changes after final payment, Can You?

Mary - There is a deal on your cruise but it could be a military discount or a residency discount for another state or states than yours. Or only for E1 balconys from certain states or something like that.

Our E1 balcony on upcoming cruise had a residency discount and price dropped to less than oceanview but it was only for certain balcony codes. :)

I think that the standard rate is on sale, that's what the deal is.

I just found a great tip in another thread for finding residency and senior discounts. Go to JetBlue's website. Click on cruises, at the bottom of the home page. Scroll down about 1/3 of the way through the cruises page, and there's an option to search for discounts by state. Click that. You can restrict your search by cruise line, sale date, stateroom type, etc. Much more functional and obvious than RCCL's website is.

ETA: For my Sept. sailing, the price has fluctuated up and down $50/person for months now, with the "deal" appearing and disappearing. It seems to be just a sale price, not a residency/senior/military discount.

Thanks. I thought maybe I was missing something. :D

ETA: Thanks also for the tip on the JetBlue website. Hadn't seen that before!

Archived