Summer Weather

CheckersMidwest

We considered cruising in late May but found out our son has committments the Saturday before we return. Bumping it to July. Will the weather be as bad as I fear? On our July Bahamas vacations, the mornings were beautiful with pop up thunderstorms in the afternoon. Usually clearing off for the evening. Should I expect the same along the way to the Caymans, Jamaica, and Cozumel?

If so, then we should do outsided stuff early.......book our excursions for morning......

What else might the weather effect? I think planning ahead is key.....

Will mid July have rougher water? (Ship rocking more, etc)

Thanks !

There's no way to tell you how the seas will be in July. It is in the middle of hurricane season, and those places do tend to see more hurricanes than a far southern route.

Also, no telling about the weather. It will be hot and humid and rain can happen at any time during the day, not just afternoon.

There are showers almost EVERY day on every island (except Aruba!)...because of the mountains. Warm, moist air hits the landmass, condenses, cools and falls as rain...it's usually short-lived. Rains also depends which SIDE of the mountains you're on, relative to the prevailing winds and moisture....

It will be hot and HUMID.....you don't say where you're from, but it's not insurmountable....the ship has AC if you get too hot! There will be breezes, but they are humid breezes!

There's no way to predict the seas....could be smooth as glass, or rough...no way to tell!

Thanks ! I'm from northern Missouri. Our summers are also hot & humid. 100's in July here at home & high humidity. We've been to Nassua twice in July, so am familiar with their humidity.

Sounds like it is as expected. I'll book early excursions so if it storms, we can just go back to the ship. We'll plan to get outside & do the rock wall, etc in the mornings too, just in case.

Hopefully the water will be calm. :)

Archived