Sanctuary Questions

lovely assistant

I am very curious about the Sanctuary. I know there is a fee to use the space, but what is actually included? I see photos of folks sipping drinks and eating yummy, healthy food, are they included in the daily fee? Does the fee include any spa features? Are towels provided? Are the lounges really more comfortable, the ones by the pools hurt my bottom? Has anyone used the Sanctuary and enjoyed it?

The Princess web site provides no answers.

Thanks

Lynne

Towels are provided, the food itself is mostly included however this is a delivery charge ($3 per order?) Drinks are the same as at a normal bar as I understand it.

The basic key to it is you are paying to reserve a specific lounge in an adults only area...

I am very curious about the Sanctuary. I know there is a fee to use the space, but what is actually included? I see photos of folks sipping drinks and eating yummy, healthy food, are they included in the daily fee? Does the fee include any spa features? Are towels provided? Are the lounges really more comfortable, the ones by the pools hurt my bottom? Has anyone used the Sanctuary and enjoyed it?

The Princess web site provides no answers.

Thanks

Lynne

Yes, the lounge chairs are much more comfortable. You reserve a chair for the whole cruise. The stewards greet you and make up your lounge with towels, and pour ice water. There's an additional cost if they go to get you either food or drinks at the bar. It's just a few steps above an adults-only pool. I don't believe that it includes any spa services. If you want quiet and relaxation and if you don't have a balcony cabin, it's worth the cost IMO. We reserved the Sanctuary last summer and are planning on doing it again on our upcoming cruise.

Can you reserve the Sanctuary for specific days of your cruise, or does it have to be for the whole week? I noticed in some of the photos on the Priness website that it looks like they have some nice shaded areas in there...thinking it might be a nice option for hubby and I as he's had melanoma before so shade is a must-have for us.

For our first 3 cruises we booked an inside cabin on the Lido Deck and booked Sanctuary for the entire cruise. It was only one flight of stairs up from the cabin to the Lotus Pool. We would go for a swim and then head up to Sanctuary. The nice thing about booking for the entire cruise is you get to pick out your lounger. Due to vitilago, I too have to stay in the shade so we always select one that is in the shade. The loungers are much more comfortable - we always get a double lounger for my DH and myself. The stewards will provide towels and even blankets if it is chilly. One day when it was really hot, they also brought us cold cloths. There is water and cucumber water which is served free. There is a small menu available for you to order from. The food is free, but there is a $3.00 surcharge. Since we don't drink, I don't know what it would cost if they had to go to a bar to get you a drink. Sanctuary is a very quiet area, so if this is what you are looking for, it is great. This year we booked a balcony cabin, however, if we book an inside again in the future, we will definitely book Sanctuary again.

If you don't reserve for the whole week, you must reserve in person on the day that you want to use it. It opens at 8:00, but I've seen people post that they needed to be there earlier to get a chair. The amount of demand probably varies with the itinerary, with at-sea days having the highest demand.

• 2 weeks later...

It cannot be pre-booked, you must book when you get there if still avail

I can't find anywhere on the website (and it's not an option in my itinerary) to book the Sanctuary ahead of time. Or do we have to book it on embarkation?

We've booked an inside cabin so this sounds ideal.

hi

anyone know the price per day or per week for the sanctuary

(sea princess)

thanks

Rumour has it that it is either $20 pp per day or $10 for half a day or if you book it for the entirety of your cruise then it is $15 pp per day.

Smiles,Connie

From the pictures Ive seen, it looks like the Sanctuary area is mostly covered, are there non covered areas for full sun access?:confused:

yes you can have full sun or shade area you pick the area you want and it is yours for the cruise.wife and I booked it for our crown sailing and loved it so relaxing and the chairs are the best. i think it was $120 for the week per person

• 3 weeks later...

Archived